Vibration resistant non loosening bolting system

Loosening of bolts is a major bug bear of the manufacturing industry. All sorts of tricks are resorted to to minimise this problem often with indifferent results.

An interesting concept seems to be to use a softer nut with a harder bolt. At the final tightening the softer metal of the nut 'flows' over the threads on the bolt and gets swaged. This will not work loose, yet can be removed if needed using regular tools.

I am going to give it a try. Here are some details:
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Let us understand why do modern computers understand binary only. They only make calculations with 0s and 1s.
So the BSNL folks installed the fiber at our place and I was with them throughout the process. The most complicated part of the whole installation was the optic fiber...
Hello from Grayhat. I'm happy to be a part of this community. Looks like a very interesting site.
is it a advantage if we do paper presentations in afiiliated colleges??and for doing presentations in IIT's and NIT's should we have to do our own research work or just...
Since virtual box is open source..To modify the source code of virtual box which language should be used?