VEGA supports GOCE gravity mapping mission for ESA

16 March 2009 – VEGA, a Finmeccanica company, is preparing for the launch of the European Space Agency’s (ESA) Gravity Field and Steady-State Ocean Explorer (GOCE) today, Monday 16 March 2009.
GOCE has been developed to generate detailed understanding of one of the Earth's most fundamental forces of nature – gravity – and will map the field with unprecedented accuracy and spatial resolution. As part of ESA’s Living Planet programme – which is focused on #-Link-Snipped-# – GOCE will be the first of a series of Earth Explorer satellites in orbit, designed to provide information for understanding critical Earth system variables.
VEGA is playing a key role on the GOCE flight control team and mission control team (MCT), providing #-Link-Snipped-#, and running the #-Link-Snipped-# with both the Prime and Back-Up Simulations Officers. This campaign involves MCTs taking part in day-long #-Link-Snipped-#, imitating the spacecraft and ground stations, generating system failures, and ensuring all MCT members are adept at dealing with possible live problems, once GOCE is launched.
John Auburn, VEGA’s Aerospace Business Director, said: “VEGA has been working on GOCE for many years. Our #-Link-Snipped-# and training expertise has been gained over the past 30 years from such pioneering missions, and we are always delighted to support ESOC in their innovative programmes.”

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi friends, i am student in 12 class i came across one term virtual machin vm waht is it can you explain with examples?
CEans, Have you noticed the surge in traffic to CE? I constantly see about 220-230 people browsing the forums (that's a big jump from previous 120-140)! Did we get a...
hello i have to built dc to ac circuit for my project. i also have to simulate this circuit on multisim software. please provide me the circuit so i can...
hello, i want to purchase from sparkfun, dont know how to buy. the prices are in dollars and what about the import duty and other taxes ? btw, thanks rahul
hello everyone im alo a 2nd year student from NIT silchar i need a topic for project in civil engineering for this ummer vacation plz help soon thnx in advance