vb.net database connection error

"i'm a new user so please don't delete my post if i posted it in wrong community"
i am using visual studio 2010 professional .while running my project ,splash screen run normally but when i tried to login it gives error as follows

"the database g:\.....feemgt.mdf cannot be opened because it is version 655.this server supports 612 and earlier.a downgrade path is not supported.
could not open g:\.....feemgt.mdf.CREATE DATABASE is aborted.
an attempt to attach an auto named database for file g:\.....feemgt.mdf failed. a database with same name exists, or specified file cannot beopened, or it is located on UNC share"

please helppppp as my practical exam is so near ...

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    #-Link-Snipped-# What is the version of MS SQL Server you are running in your system?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    WARNING!!! Be sure to back up your ASPNETDB.MDF data before doing this.

I had the same problem and solved it by deleting the ASPNETDB.MDF and aspnetdb_log.ldf files from the App_Data folder. They get recreated the next time you run your application.

I was doing this on a proof of concept website and did not have any valuable information saved in the ASPNETDB.MDF database.
  • tmonicrow
    tmonicrow
    Dim connetionString As String
    Dim cnn As SqlConnection
    connetionString = "Data Source=ServerName;Initial Catalog=DatabaseName;User ID=UserName;Password=Password"
    cnn = New SqlConnection(connetionString)
    Try
    cnn.Open()
    MsgBox("Connection Open ! ")
    cnn.Close()
    Catch ex As Exception
    MsgBox("Can not open connection ! " & ex)
    End Try
    #-Link-Snipped-#

try the above code first, then you can anlyse if it is connected or not . If it is not connected then exception will throw. You can learn from exception what happend.

crow.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Are you ready to wield the world's first and only LaserSaber - a radiant blade that pulses with energy. LaserSabers are energized by the light of Wicked Lasers, harnessing the...
The People's Car Project is an initiative launched by VW in China to design the new people's car, an open-source project where citizens can submit ideas to VW’s R&D in...
Quirky & GE are joining forces to make an everyday product smarter with software. Check out the video for a few details - You can log-in to https://ge.quirky.com/ Submit your...
mayur
Hello, I will be relocating to the Philippines, and would like to know if anyone in this forum has knowledge or been involved in this alternate form of construction in...