View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12921 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
indianapple
indianapple • Nov 7, 2008

Vapour producing capacity of ice

hey guys i'm working on a paper for efficient air conditioning methods and i need some information that i'm not able to find on the net.

we all know that ice produces vapours when its stored in very low temperature. are there any statistics available which show the vapour producing capacity of ice at various temperatures and at various percentage of melting?

i hope this is the right forum for this.
indianapple
indianapple • Nov 7, 2008
hey guys i'm working on a paper for efficient air conditioning methods and i need some information that i'm not able to find on the net.

we all know that ice produces vapours when its stored in very low temperature. are there any statistics available which show the vapour producing capacity of ice at various temperatures and at various percentage of melting?

i hope this is the right forum for this.
Rishabh1234
Rishabh1234 • Sep 25, 2014
look for the P-v-T diagram of water . it will explain everything.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_diagram
Shashank Moghe
Shashank Moghe • Sep 26, 2014
@indianapple , @Rishabh1234 , It appears from the phase diagram, that at higher pressures, the vapor formation of ice would have to be reduced. Normal temperature rise on the ice surface may lead to as much melting, but the vapor formation will be reduced.
Rishabh1234
Rishabh1234 • Sep 27, 2014
first of all i want to know which range of pressure are you talking about

Share this content on your social channels -