Vapour producing capacity of ice

hey guys i'm working on a paper for efficient air conditioning methods and i need some information that i'm not able to find on the net.

we all know that ice produces vapours when its stored in very low temperature. are there any statistics available which show the vapour producing capacity of ice at various temperatures and at various percentage of melting?

i hope this is the right forum for this.

Replies

• indianapple
    indianapple
    hey guys i'm working on a paper for efficient air conditioning methods and i need some information that i'm not able to find on the net.

we all know that ice produces vapours when its stored in very low temperature. are there any statistics available which show the vapour producing capacity of ice at various temperatures and at various percentage of melting?

i hope this is the right forum for this.
  • Rishabh1234
    Rishabh1234
    look for the P-v-T diagram of water . it will explain everything.
    Phase Diagram
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , It appears from the phase diagram, that at higher pressures, the vapor formation of ice would have to be reduced. Normal temperature rise on the ice surface may lead to as much melting, but the vapor formation will be reduced.
  • Rishabh1234
    Rishabh1234
    first of all i want to know which range of pressure are you talking about

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys what are some good practical books for learning j2ee from beginner level?
well this is an idea that's been with me for some time now. the problem with linux platforms i feel is that its not as user friendly offline as windows...
hey all... I am a 3rd yr civil engg student . i want to to my summer internship in a good real estate company but i am not very familiar...
hiii every one....iam doing a seminar on Interleave-Division Multiple Access(IDMA)...i am not gettin enough supplementary materials for this topic....i jus hav an ieee paper on it tha's all....could any body...
CEans, Have you had a chance to watch James Bond, Quantum of solace? Please write a review. :smile: