Using 'Watched Threads' Feature On CrazyEngineers

I think one of the powerful features on CrazyEngineers community has gone unnoticed and there seems to be confusion about what the feature actually does. Let me explain the feature to you in brief and using simple words.

The "Watched Threads" feature lets you make a collection of discussions (threads) on CrazyEngineers Community that you want to 'follow'. Let's say you encountered an amazing discussion on CE and want to store it as your 'favorite' and get notified whenever an updated is posted to that discussion, you can mark that discussion as 'Watched Thread'. So you can save any amount of threads as 'watched'. And they are accessible from the Community Sub-Menu shown below -

Watched-Thread

How to 'Watch' A discussion.

Steps -
  1. Open your favorite discussion on CE. Let's say: #-Link-Snipped-#
  2. Just below the thread title, you will see "Watch Thread" option.
  3. Click on it and select your notification preference (either Alert or Email Notification) when the thread is updated.
  4. Access your watched threads from Forum Sub-Menu (shown above).
If you have questions about this feature, please ask below. I'll be happy to answer.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    CE watched thread
    The problem with this is that the "SHOW ALL WATCHED THREADS" option in the bottom shows all the threads where we have posted Sir this means about 300+ threads

In it searching for a single thread is really tedious don't you think
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Can you pls clarify or explain it more

If another feature is incorporated where we can save only our favorite threads then this searching process can be removed in the longer run
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Your Watched Thread feature is awesome In its own way Sir I will never contradict that

But there are two many threads in it to search for a single thread please tell us an alternative for it
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    jeffrey samuel
    The problem with this is that the "SHOW ALL WATCHED THREADS" option in the bottom shows all the threads where we have posted Sir this means about 300+ threads

In it searching for a single thread is really tedious don't you think
    The watched threads section only shows the threads we're watching. Just check if you've ticked the option in your account settings that makes every thread that you reply to automatically added to the 'watched threads'. If it's turned on, the system will automatically add every thread you've participated in to your watch list.

You can turn off that option. For the old threads, you can select all of them and Select 'Stop Watching Threads' option at the bottom.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Biggie I salute you Man you are really awesome clearer of any doubts in CE million likes to your post
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Biggie one problem When I removed the threads from Watched Thread list today I found no notifications from threads where I had posted being updated

What to do about it ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    jeffrey samuel
    Biggie one problem When I removed the threads from Watched Thread list today I found no notifications from threads where I had posted being updated

What to do about it ?
    You need to subscribe to the threads you'd like to be notified on. Otherwise system has no way to know which discussions you're interested in.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I am confused but I have found a way out of it and It is working fine for me

Thanks K nice feature this Watched Thread

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Apple CEO - Adtya. Joining CrazyEngineers Community.
i have completed my diploma in computer science and right nw doing BTECH in CSE 3rd year i want an urgent job wil it possible....
Since the campus preparations are going on so this question is very popular among all. I thought to share it here with all. So describe yourself in one word.. (May...
Load the program and enjoy easy as precision in the calculations​ ​https://www.mediafire.com/?ylrd9a48999nmxd​ ​​
Hi ....I am an Electrical and Electronics Engineer 2011 currently I am working in well know IT company I want to quit this as early as possible because the kind...