CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Harshad Italiya

MemberJun 4, 2014

dhruba sunuwar
    i have a genuine windows 8 on my laptop, if i update it to windows 8.1 do i have to get a new registration key for that to make it genuine again????
    No I think you should be able to upgrade to 8.1 from 8.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • View From The Top

MemberJun 4, 2014

dhruba sunuwar
    i have a genuine windows 8 on my laptop, if i update it to windows 8.1 do i have to get a new registration key for that to make it genuine again????
    Hi Dhruba, the upgrade from Win 8 to Win 8.1 is free and it works with the same registration key as Windows 8. Just go to the Windows store (from the Metro/Modern UI tile on the Start Screen) and you'll have the update waiting for you front and center. You couldn't miss it if you wanted to.

Click on "Update" and it will be a 2-3GB update depending on whether you're running a 32 or 64 bit version and whether you've been regular in installing the monthly updates. Here's the link from #-Link-Snipped-# explaining the details. 😀

P.S. - After updating to 8.1, remember to download and install the "Update 1" (KB2919355) from Control Panel > Windows Update. Cheers 👍
    Cancel
  • Sanyam Khurana

MemberJun 4, 2014

dhruba sunuwar
    No need of key, just log on to Windows Store and select "Windows 8.1 Update", your update would start downloading, and keeps on downloading in the background...

Once it's done, it would upgrade. No need to re-submit key or anything.
    Cancel
  • dhruba sunuwar

MemberJun 4, 2014

thank you everyone 😀
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register