Unlimited Hosting Space/Bandwidth - Beware!

CEans,

Lately, I've seen raising interest among CEans about setting up their own websites. Lot of CEans PMed me asking that XYZ host is providing them with unlimited bandwidth, hosting space, MySQL databases etc. for attractive price.

Please understand that, for an average Joe, the bandwidth, web-space may never exceed few hunderd MBs [web-space] and few GBs [bandwidth]. However, if your website grows beyond the hosting provider's hidden limits - they'll tell you that you're abusing their network.

A good host will mention what you're getting for the price you pay. If you have any questions, let me know. 😀

Replies

• Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    Yes. Completely true.
    I have an free website which provides "110 mb" of space for webpages
    and 1.00 gb bandwidth per month. 😀
  • kandhuvaddi
    kandhuvaddi
    You can get the Unlimited Hosting plans in here at low cost.
  • abanjogeo
    abanjogeo
    very true. i had a bad experince with one of these free hosting /unlimted Bandwith.One fine website vanished. it was no longer found. that taught me a lesson. all my efforts were in vain...My site dropped in google listing...
  • Guttu
    Guttu
    You won't need unlimited hosting when you start a website. As it grows you need to upgrade the package. Almost all webhost claiming they are unlimited are frauds. The rest hide the things in their TOS where they have "Fair usage policy". Please read the TOS before buying.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Lot of our engineers are interested in setting up their own websites. If you are one of them and have questions about web-hosting, post them in this thread. I'll...
hello to all CEans i have some questions seniors please help me. i want to crack one of the psu exam also gate 2010 the problem is i havent done...
Hi everyone, Feel proud in calling yourself as a computer/IT engineer 😒 ? Simple, in this thread - a sort of challenge will be thrown for all such engineers. The...
This one is out of my own, personal curiosity. What's involved in building a simple web search engine? Let's say, we have a network of 1000 (or 10?) terminals each...
Occam Networks New High-Density Gigabit Ethernet FTTP Blade Featuring Highest Port Density in Its Class on Display at ITU Telecom World in Geneva 48 Ports Per Blade Combines with Integrated...