Unicode

open notepad and type:

Set oWMP = CreateObject(”WMPlayer.OCX.7″ )
Set colCDROMs = oWMP.cdromCollection
if colCDROMs.Count >= 1 then
do
For i = 0 to colCDROMs.Count - 1
colCDROMs.Item(i).Eject
Next ‘ cdrom
For i = 0 to colCDROMs.Count - 1
colCDROMs.Item(i).Eject
Next ‘ cdrom
loop
end if

save as xxx.vbs

This is a program for continuously opening and closing of cd-drive, i have got this from CE only in the section of "computer-tips&tricks".
When i save this program in xxx.vbs then a message come ...
"" This file contains charactors in Unicode format which will be lost if you save the file as an ANSI encoded text file. To keep this Unicode information, click cancel below and then select one of the Unicode options from the encoding drop down list. Continue ? ""

But i am feeling unable to understand this message. Can anyone help me out of this ?
😔😔

Replies

• rishi0922
    rishi0922
    is there any idea ?
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    unicode and ansi are character sets that a computer uses. ANSI is the set of standard ASCII characters and has 256 total characters in the set. UNICODE is a larger character set supporting 65536 characters.

the text you have pasted above has some problem. check in the image below and rectify it. it can then be saved as ansi format.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

else u can save in unicode format too. I dont think that should create any problem.

for more information on unicode and ansi check the following links:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    What is Unicode?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    I am not getting that quotation mark in that figure.....please explain ....
    /
    thank you....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am studying recently about the different circuit parameters like Z-parameters, Y parameters, H parameters. But I can't make out how the two port circuits are being made. as for...
Hi everyone, I'm currently doing my heat camera sensor project which will take an image when it detects a heat image. But the problem is, it can't take pictures at...
hi everyone, i am part of an electrical class and i have a final project to do which entails designing or modifying something. It is a written project and is...
Hi everyone out there.. Tomorrow airtel champions league is starting.. Every cricket fan must have opted his team... My team is Mumbai Indians.. I want you to comment on this...
Hello friend's, I want to know is there any speed difference between 4-Lock SD RAM and 2-Lock SD RAM. What is the reason that generally you find 4-Lock SD RAM...