UK Government Will meet Facebook, Twitter and RIM - Don't Fuel The Riots!

UK Prime Minister David Cameron said today following the riots that have plagued London and many other parts of England this week, that

“Mr Speaker, everyone watching these horrific actions will be stuck by how they were organised via social media. Free flow of information can be used for good. But it can also be used for ill. And when people are using social media for violence we need to stop them. So we are working with the Police, the intelligence services and industry to look at whether it would be right to stop people communicating via these websites and services when we know they are plotting violence, disorder and criminality.”

“The problem was, police were facing new circumstances, in that rioters were using BlackBerry – a closed network – so we have to examine that and figure out a way to get ahead of them.”

😲 What do you have to say about this?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Many of us are bloggers and keep skimming through new wordpress themes & experimenting with our blogs. Dedicating this thread to making a collection of best wordpress themes. Please post...
GATE 2011 Questions Paper For Civil Engineering With Solutions Download it here:
Cost vs. Quality: The Dangers of Outsourcing Design Overseas - Web Extras - Appliance Design
I am sandeep M.B ,studying in vidya vadhaka college of engg in electronics and communication dept. (final year),mysore.And i hope ,my mind will be improvment by yourside..
can u plz tell me abt cdac....when should we do it?...if i want to pursue mba then is cdac necessary???..