uBuntu Installation On Computer With Windows 7

hello friends i want to install linux in my machine and i have three drive in c drive i have already installed windows -7 but in remaining two drive D and E lots of data are there so

please anyone suggest me to install linux and in which drive should i install.

Replies

• slashfear
    slashfear
    Hey Hare singh,

Installing Ubuntu is simple and the best part is Ubuntu has got an option of installing Ubuntu within windows πŸ˜€ .... In my laptop I have Win 7 and ubuntu. Just download the ubuntu ISO and burn it to CD.. Or if you can wait register in ubuntu website and wait for 7 days you will receive the ubuntu CD at your door step....

Option 1:
    Login into windows and then pop in the ubuntu CD then follow the instructions (make sure to choose install ubuntu within windows) your done as simple as it is...

Option 2:
    Go to boot mode and make sure you have the first boot priority set to CD/DVD drive the pop in the Ubuntu CD... then boot start the machine ....again make sure to choose install ubuntu within windows

Once installed you will have dual boot and make sure to choose the appropriate OS to boot in..

For some reason if you do not have a CD to burn then try USB install...For details or further assistance please feel free to ask....πŸ˜‰

-Arvind
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    well I think that dual boot setup is better, you can install ubuntu by making a separate
    memory partition 😎
  • hare singh nayak
    hare singh nayak
    slashfear
    Hey Hare singh,

Installing Ubuntu is simple and the best part is Ubuntu has got an option of installing Ubuntu within windows πŸ˜€ .... In my laptop I have Win 7 and ubuntu. Just download the ubuntu ISO and burn it to CD.. Or if you can wait register in ubuntu website and wait for 7 days you will receive the ubuntu CD at your door step....

Option 1:
    Login into windows and then pop in the ubuntu CD then follow the instructions (make sure to choose install ubuntu within windows) your done as simple as it is...

Option 2:
    Go to boot mode and make sure you have the first boot priority set to CD/DVD drive the pop in the Ubuntu CD... then boot start the machine ....again make sure to choose install ubuntu within windows

Once installed you will have dual boot and make sure to choose the appropriate OS to boot in..

For some reason if you do not have a CD to burn then try USB install...For details or further assistance please feel free to ask....πŸ˜‰

-Arvind
    thank you sir

but before install in Drive D or E should i empty the drive or not
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    you can install it in any drive, it doesn't matters. I don't recommend installing it in Windows7, that will make your system sluggish.
    You can empty the drives are you can extract the unused spaces in those drives, this option comes during installing from cd.
    You can also install ubuntu from harddisk apart from using usb, this I covered in some old thread in this forum.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hiee guys..πŸ˜€ this is Bishakha Saikia. I am a student doing my B.E. I'm from electronics n communication dept. My hobbies are reading books, painting, chattingπŸ˜› and doing small projects.....
i need list of final year project proposal for software engineering students, thanks
CEans, It's evident that your our beloved CrazyEngineers is under spam attack. Despite our human verification techniques, spammers sign up on the site and post objectionable content. In the last...
Most of us know Adobe pulled its flash player from Google Play Store on 15th August. On same day announcing that they won't be developing flash player for mobile devices....
This can't be true. If Apple does this, I'm going to turn from being a Apple - appreciator to Apple hater. It looks like Apple and Samsung aren't settling right...