CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@tushar_curious • 15 Jul, 2012 • 1 like
Can turbo chargers be used in bikes about 200 cc?
I know this sounds crazy but it may be relevant to my final year project help me with your reviews. Turbos in bikes rare to find out below 500 cc. Please help me.
@V r Balaji • 15 Jul, 2012 Hey iam going to use Turbo charger in DTSi engine For Better Performance & Good Power
😀
@zm-i • 26 Jul, 2012 • 1 like The idea of using turbo in a motorcycle is viable. I think some 200cc or 250cc bikes which are modified with turbo will need a major change in their engines (bores, compression ratio, fuel system, air intake, etc). I don't know what you have to do with your engine, but I know that the charger shouldn't be placed facing the front like that in cars. Small rocks might "fly" into your it and damage your "snail". 😛
@zm-i • 26 Jul, 2012
zm-i
The idea of using turbo in a motorcycle is viable. I think some 200cc or 250cc bikes which are modified with turbo will need a major change in their engines (bores, compression ratio, fuel system, air intake, etc). I don't know what you have to do with your engine, but I know that the charger shouldn't be placed facing the front like that in cars. Small rocks might "fly" into it and damage your "snail". 😛
@zm-i • 26 Jul, 2012 • 2 likes tushar_curious: Since I am a motorcycle enthusiast, I want to help you as much as I could (although I don't know much about engineering).😐

Turbos are always rare in a bike because they are considered custom specification. And the word "custom" is enough to explain that this is possible. 😉

Besides, you have the most powerful tool needed to make your final year project happen...... crazyengineers.com

By the way, the idea is not crazy. In fact, some people have done this!
Check this out:

Can anyone provide more details about how to engineer a turbo in a 200cc bike?
@Niharranjan Samantaray • 24 May, 2018 • 2 likes

I really need help from you people to turbo my yamaha FZ25. Please help me with which turbo to buy and modifiers who can touch uo it like a pro.

6.6k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · May 10, 2011

While studying Transport Layer's 'releasing a connection' topic, I came across the famous 'Two Army Problem' Imagine that one army (say white army) is encamped in a valley. On both...
6.4k views

@Morningdot Hablu · May 2, 2010

hi friends, if we use network data model or hierarchical data model to design one of my database and use relational data model to design the other database.Then what is...
24.8k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jun 12, 2015

A lot many of us are not on unlimited download plans for internet. Now whenever you want to watch a video online, you either go to a video streaming site...
48.8k views

@princess_priiya · Feb 1, 2014

How to prepare for C-DAC Entrance Exam ??? what should be the correct choice of course for an electrical and electronics engineer for getting best job opportunities ?????? where do...
3.3k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jun 30, 2010

While the Electronic Voting Machines (EVM) were banned in several countries because they are not secure and allow easy manipulation; world's largest democracy, India went full way with the EVMs...
8.8k views