Truss calculation and post-tensioning

Hello, I am a college student and I am doing a research project for my physics class about the collapse of the FIU bridge. So far I learned about statics and how to calculate a truss. However, I do not have enough knowledge about the post-tensioning process. I want to include equations and calculations to show the tension and compression forces before and after placing the bridge on the piers. I would appreciate if you can give me some guidance on how to achieve this.  

Thank you

Replies

• Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande

#-Link-Snipped-#  I am not familiar with the subject but you can have look at these I found about Truss post-tensioning 

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Hope you will atleast get some idea. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have good books of civil engineering ,just tell me and i will send it soonask me me?
I'm currently doing BEng Energy and Environmental Engineering, next year is my final year and I want to do something around renewable marine energy for my 3rd year degree project...
Next year iam passing out from college, iam in confusion where to start my career as mentioned above. There are also some financial constraints that i directly can't afford to...
I had scored 85% in 10 & 65% in 12 and GPA is currently 7.0 till my 6xth sem with many backlogs in mechanical also I had a drop in...
Hi All,Is it possible to generate electricity using bull as in old age farmer use bull to pull water from well. The technology was very week, using latest tool we...