"Trinitramid" N(NO2)3 will boost rocket fuels in environment friendly way - KTH

The scientists at The Royal Institute Of Technology have discovered a new molecule composed of oxygen and nitrogen only that can give a huge boost to the conventional rocket fuels. The discovery was made while the scientists were studying other chemical compounds.

If the efficiency of the fuel improves by 10 percent, the rocket payload capacity can almost double. At present every rocket launch equals emissions of 550 tonnes of concentrated HCL in atmosphere.

The stability of the molecule is now being studied. If proved stable, this discovery can led to tremendous improvements in the satellite rocket launch procedures.

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    A new molecule-Trinitramid which is 20-30% efficient compared with best rocket fuels.

[​IMG][/IMG]
  • freak16
    freak16
    nice information..
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    The current fuel is liquid hydrogen...isn't it? And what factors do we consider while selecting a fuel for aerospace industry? How does the ignition of liquid hydrogen take place?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We have lot of CEans in the Corporate field working in various companies with different work cultures. This is the time, the freshers are getting jobs and in a short...
Hey guys, Today i found a really cool feature of wiki pages. Many of CEans may know it. But this post is for those who don't know.I am sure they...
[FONT="]Generator over Fluxing Relay (24G)[/FONT] -The relay measures the ratio of voltage to frequency (V/Hz) as this ratio is proportional to the flux-density level of the electromagnetic machine. -Over Fluxing...
what do you think what are the various ways to express love without words? According to me 1:- Emoticons(smilies) 2:- Music 3:- Flowers😀😀
hello friend's Just started to read about socket programming.I have written a simple program for reading a file from server and write in client side. Check this, For server side.......