transformer for impedance matching

why do we use transformer for impedance matching?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Generally Impedance matching is done to maximise the power transfer to the load which is according to the Max.power transfer theorem.

So to keep the input impedance as the complex conjegate of the load impedance we use transformers in which the waveform of the power will be same with change in voltage across secodary which helps in maintaining the impedance equal to load.

Practically Stepped transmission lines are used for this purpose which reduces echos, electromagnetic interference and distortion of pf at load.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi people. i am looking forward for doing a project in IC engines and Gas turbines.somebody please help me out.
okay i just want to ask a question. more like give an idea. its just a simple one and i cant find any better place to find out if its...
hi guys i recently created a blog for which i need some html codes. that is if one clicks on a link a list of drop downlinks must appear. for...
Hi all i am searching for Readhat and LINUX coaching at Bhopal. Can Somebody advice me.😀
Dear All I have a very basic question in my mind that does in anyway power system and its analysis depend on time zones. And do time zone shifting can...