Transformer cascading problem

when i coupled two transformers in series i found there is a phase shift in the op why is it

how to remove it

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Any ideas on how this can be removed Guys ?

Real eager to know how this works
  • lal
    lal
    I didn't get this series coupling. Can you explain a bit more about the connection. And a bit more details too about the magnitude and type of voltage used, step up or step down configuration and so on.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Very simple issue Bud this My friend posted me I don't have much idea about transformers

There seems to be a small phase shift in the op due to this series coupling

The main problem is it is home made and I am not aware of the ratings He used it to step down voltage from 220 to 110 and then to 10V
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Conqueror
    The main problem is it is home made and I am not aware of the ratings He used it to step down voltage from 220 to 110 and then to 10V
    It does not seem to be a series connection but a true cascade.
    It appears that the secondary of the first is connected to the primary of the second one. Is this correct?
    If so, this is quite common. In India it is common to use a transformer to step down voltage to 110/120 V to match US adapters, which have a 120 V transformer. The secondary goes to the gadget, sometimes after rectification.
    Even if there is a phase shift, so long as the used OP has no reference to IP there should be no problem.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I think I am cleared But is there a way to eliminate this error in phase angle
  • lal
    lal
    A phase shift doesn't happen in an ideal single phase transformer. But the fact is that nothing in the world is ideal. So we have to expect a small phase shift in the secondary voltage referred to the primary. This phase shift though, will be kept to the minimum possible value.

In the case of a three phase delta-wye transformer, a phase shift of minimum 30 degrees exists.

Still I didn't clearly understand what you meant by series coupling. Can you explain how the connections were made?

Edit: I got it, cascade connection as bioramani sir said. Sorry the page was open for quite long time. Didn't see the new post.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Remember cascading where the op of one stage is fed as the input of the other Similarly He did it

But since he had no reference to the ip the ckt worked very cool other wise serious trouble only

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

World Clock is a type of time in which exhibits the actual amount of time in different places on the planet. Frequently such a wall clock e band of everyday...
We've made a few changes to the front page of CrazyEngineers. May I request our CEans to quickly visit the front page and tell us whether everything is in place?...
Hello, We're developing a institute management website. It is also a kind of forum like this one, plus some added authetication features. Can I implement data warehousing in this? How???...
In the past week you had come across Shamoon and Gauss who were found on PCs in Saudi Arabia and Middle East for stealing information but this time your Android...
Flipkart's just launched a new TV ad campaign called 'Flipkart It'. Take a look at this video and share your thoughts below. I've always loved Flipkart ads because they're innovative...