View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12933 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Joga1229
Joga1229 • Mar 7, 2010

Traffic Signal Design-Matlab

I need help creating a Gui that can optimize traffic signal timings for a set of traffic lights at the intersection of two roads. The goal is to minimize the average wait time.

The program should accept user-inputs for the traffic flow (cars/minute) in two, perpendicular directions.

E-mail me back at

Thank you
Predictor
Predictor • Mar 7, 2010
Joga1229
I need help creating a Gui that can optimize traffic signal timings for a set of traffic lights at the intersection of two roads. The goal is to minimize the average wait time.

The program should accept user-inputs for the traffic flow (cars/minute) in two, perpendicular directions.
Which part do you need help with? The traffic optimization or the MATLAB GUI? What have you completed so far?
Joga1229
Joga1229 • Mar 7, 2010
the traffic optimization, like the equations to use because i can program the GUI, i just need to know how to setup the optimization

The program should output green light timings(sec), average wait time, and flow capacity(cars/minute) for each road
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Mar 7, 2010
@Joga: Could you share your current efforts, the program you have tried on your own so far?
Joga1229
Joga1229 • Mar 7, 2010
I have the program ready to go, but i don't think im using the right equations to minimize the average wait time. All i want to know is what equations that are better suited for this program.

The program should output the green light timings (in seconds) for each road as well as the average wait time and the flow capacity of the junction (in total cars per hour). I want to know which equations are the best for each circumstance
charlsoft
charlsoft • Mar 23, 2010
Traffic flow simulation - Matlab

Hi crazy engineers, i need help with developing a matlab program for traffic flow control on an signalized intersection and i don't know where to start, have looked in some matlab book but am still stuck. Anyone with ideas...
jamesdukee
jamesdukee • May 5, 2010
Joga! you should share your source for make us understand for your help level.. if you put it here, we can discuss it for best algorithm and proper gui..

Share this content on your social channels -