Trace a lost vehicle - project

yeah i wanted to know if i can do project to trace some vehicles which are lost.... is this already tried out or implemented anywhere... could u pls let me know if any body else has thought about it or discussed it....caun u pls suggest me some ideas...pls reply soon

Replies

• rk rao
    rk rao
    read about GPS systems

vehicle tracking
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    there must a trakker on the care and a receiver in your hand that should help you in short range in longer ranges satelite enabled GPS suits you a lot
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shruthip
    yeah i wanted to know if i can do project to trace some vehicles which are lost.... is this already tried out or implemented anywhere... could u pls let me know if any body else has thought about it or discussed it....caun u pls suggest me some ideas...pls reply soon
    You can practically trace anything that's coupled to a GPS. The Global Positioning Systems can track accurately up to a few meters of distance and have been in service for a long time now. But that does not mean you can't attempt it again. It'd be a great learning for sure.

If you really want to come up with something innovative; find what can be improved in the existing system. Is there a problem in existing tracking systems that you can fix? That'd make you do something 'new' and 'innovative'.
  • naveee
    naveee
    signal from transmitter and reciever should be very fast... to track it as soon as possible...
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    naveee
    signal from transmitter and reciever should be very fast... to track it as soon as possible...
    why should it be

what is a fast signal any way
  • naveee
    naveee
    to overcome the signal loss from the reciever end.... it will be disadvantage of that exitsting device.. :
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    losses are a concern in any transmission now a days digital transmission is becoming more efficient but for a simple ckt there is no need of that but the main concern is the range and the quality of the device
  • naveee
    naveee
    one question range of the device... depends on wht??? ....
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    the signal strength of the transmitter and also the method of transmission it use if it is line of sight and some lower methods then they have short range
  • naveee
    naveee
    The_Big_K
    You can practically trace anything that's coupled to a GPS. The Global Positioning Systems can track accurately up to a few meters of distance and have been in service for a long time now. But that does not mean you can't attempt it again. It'd be a great learning for sure.

If you really want to come up with something innovative; find what can be improved in the existing system. Is there a problem in existing tracking systems that you can fix? That'd make you do something 'new' and 'innovative'.
    what is multivibrator....is it a switching element ???
  • naveee
    naveee
    jeffrey samuel
    the signal strength of the transmitter and also the method of transmission it use if it is line of sight and some lower methods then they have short range
    so sensors(manufacture) are not major factor for signall lossing ?????
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    the mode in which the signal is transmitted accounts for losses not the sensors alone they account only a fraction of the loss
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    naveee
    one question range of the device... depends on wht??? ....
    In my opinion it solely depends on the speed(at which it is transmitted) of the signal and the strength of the signal..! Both must mutually co-exist..! Because if speed is low, signal strength deteriorates and if the strength is low no point at all....!
    naveee
    to track it as soon as possible.
    I dont understand this..! Even the slowest signal transmission happens at the wink of an eye..! 😀 It just leads to losses..! 😀
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    vinod1993
    In my opinion it solely depends on the speed(at which it is transmitted) of the signal and the strength of the signal..! Both must mutually co-exist..! Because if speed is low, signal strength deteriorates and if the strength is low no point at all....!
    yes my friend and the speed depends on the power given to the transmitter to transmit the signals

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have just now finished my engineering in the instrumentation field... I am willing to carry out discussions on recent trends...
suggest me any innovative technical event to organize ? so that it would attract students
Samsung launched the MusicHub combining streaming with storage locker for Samsung S3. This App is currently available only for Samsung S3 right now. Samsung worked with mSpot & 7digital to...
Jokes apart... The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is something that everyone of us on this site is looking forward to (5.5 inches!). I'm looking forward to it mainly because prices...