TORQUE REQUIRED TO ROTATE A GEAR

PLEASE MENTION THE MINIMUM TORQUE REQUIRED FOR ROTATING A GEAR OF 300 MM MAJOR DIA,8 MM THICK AND 500 GM IN WEIGHT.THE REQUIRED RPM=2.

The gear has to be driven by stepper motor.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Minimum torque for the conditions specified is zero, since there seems to be no load attached to the gear.
    Unless there is a torque resisting load, it is not possible to choose a motor. The other issue is whether the gear goes directly on the motor shaft or going to be driven by the motor. Number of teeth on the gear is also important. There is not enough info in the question for anyone to make a meaningful response.
  • PRADIP CHAKRABORTY
    PRADIP CHAKRABORTY
    bioramani
    Minimum torque for the conditions specified is zero, since there seems to be no load attached to the gear.
    Unless there is a torque resisting load, it is not possible to choose a motor. The other issue is whether the gear goes directly on the motor shaft or going to be driven by the motor. Number of teeth on the gear is also important. There is not enough info in the question for anyone to make a meaningful response.
    The module of the gear is 1.Number of teeth is 298.The gear should be meshed directly with the driving gear(connected to the stepper motor shaft).
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    What does the big gear drive? What is the torque value of the load?
    The motor torque=Load torque/(292/teeth on motor gear)
    You have to allow for some friction loss. Choose a motor rating 50% more than the above value.
  • Levi Esteves
    Levi Esteves
    A.V.Ramani
    What does the big gear drive? What is the torque value of the load?
    The motor torque=Load torque/(292/teeth on motor gear)
    You have to allow for some friction loss. Choose a motor rating 50% more than the above value.
    Hello Ramani, could you take a look at this thread please?
    Torque required to rotate a set of gears

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear all, thePetroStreet has released their next software PetroPipe covering the basic piping design. PetroPipe like other software is FREE to use and has the following features: 1. Pipe thickness...
Hello friends i am Kenny from Tamilnadu
According to Chris Guillebeau, the author of the famous book "The $100 startup", it's easier to make money chasing your dream and all it takes is just $100 to start...
I have been a very hardcore fan of LINUX .... & from last 2 years i have hardly consumed 2 to 3 hours in Windows OS. I believe in freewares...
I hope you will understand the thread's concept from the title. Am little confused with this!!!!😨 Can anyone help? I need the answer with reason. 😐