Top movies every engineer should watch (and why)

Most engineers among us are also huge movie buffs. We have a great community here and we would love to read recommendations from fellow engineers. It'd be awesome to have our own dedicated collection of movies that is a must-watch for every engineer.

Tell us any ONE movie that's a must-watch for every engineer and write ‘why you think so’ part in about approx. 50-100 words.

GRAND GIVEAWAY - Day 2
Announcement: #-Link-Snipped-#​

Prize:
One best entry will be chosen from the replies in this thread and they will win a -
Rs. 500 Amazon Gift Card!

amazon-gift-card-4

Deadline:
Midnight, 12:00 AM (IST)
Rules:
  1. Your entry must be 100% original. Any entry having copied content from other websites will be disqualified.
  2. Entries made after 12:00 AM tonight will not be considered for the giveaway.
  3. Winner will be declared tomorrow i.e. on 28th October via announcements.

Replies

• Chitti
    Chitti
    I'm back to CE after long time. Very nice to see grand giveaway. My entry:

Movie Name: 3 IDIOTS (Bollywood, Hindi)

Why Every Engineers Should Watch This Movie
    : 3 Idiots is my all time favourite movie and I think every engineer must watch it once in their lifetime because the movie is based on the lives of 3 engineers. The most important message in the movie is that one should follow their heart and passion in their careers in order to be successful. I think it's very important message.

I got inspired by the movie so much that I worked hard and studied very hard to get a good score in GRE. I found out that my passion is for engineering and higher studies in MS will help me achieve my dreams. I owe all my success to inspiration derived from 3 IDIOTS movie and I am sure that this movie has inspired so many other engineers like me.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    October Sky

A bunch of kids watch in amazement the launch of Russian rockets, and nurture dreams to launch their own rocket some day. They work on their dream for a long time, and after several hardships, frustrations, failure and strained familial relationships, finally see their dream soar through the sky.

It's based on a true story too. 😀
  • Pawan Gupta
    Pawan Gupta
    Source code and 3 Idiot..
    Source code is movie which was a journey of facebook.How mark juckelberg think and being a enterprenaure.
    3 Idiot is a movie which is totally a journey of an Engineers.this movie change the future of many engineers.
    I totally recommended to watch this 2 movies.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Notice to all participants: A proper explanation will drastically improve your chances of winning! Make use of 50-100 word limit.
  • Tharun Chakka
    Tharun Chakka
    I think my all time favourite movie is (VIP in Tamil) Raghuvaran Btech(in Telugu). It says about every life of an engineer who studies engineering and pursue a different job.The movie says you have to wait as long as you get your dream job and do not take a different job that does not have any interest in you .
    The movie also shows that however your parents ,neighbours and sibilings humiliate you for not getting a job do not pursue job only because you have to show off the society that I am an earning person.It also says that you can only succeed in life if you have interest and passion and honesty.
    I learn from the movie that What ever may be the position of you in the society if you go in wrong way eventually you have to fall down and follow your heart rather than the other persons.
  • Manisai Naidu
    Manisai Naidu
    Appolo 13 the best movie.becoz.....On April 11th 1970, Cmd. James Lovell, Cmd. John Swigert and Pilot Fred Haise set out on a trip to the moon on the Apollo 13 module. On April 13th, however, an unknown glitch caused their oxygen tank to rupture. An army of NASA engineers had to pull off a four-day marathon to get the Astronauts home alive.

Very few films depict engineers as heroes.
  • KALLAKURI SURYANARAYANA
    KALLAKURI SURYANARAYANA
    3IDIOTS.,., Hollywood film.
    That movie gives us difference between learning & study. And how relex when you are in stress. What is the value of friendship.
  • Prajval Mehta
    Prajval Mehta
    Hollywood: The Social Network
    Bollywood: 3 Idiots (There Must not be a single Doubt)

If you have seen these movies then I don't need to explain you.And If You haven't then there is no meaning of explaining anything regarding this.
  • Satish kumar Vats
    Satish kumar Vats
    Bridge on river Kwai
    I watched this movie thrice,twice when I was in 7th or 8th standard. I really wasn't very good in English having done primary from a Hindi medium school. Second time again I could not understand many conversations between prisoners and the colonel. 3rd time I watched in the year 1976 at Gwalior when I grasped the entire concept. Its the struggle of a chief to get the all important bridge constructed in shortest time from reluctant workers who actually were prisoners. The way colonel motivated them is to learn for Gethsemane people.
  • AKhil Sahu
    AKhil Sahu
    Regardless of where we will be, we as a whole have an exceptional place for our mother land and wish for making commitments from our side for the advancement of the place. This film is about a NASA researcher who returns to his town in India and disregarding his vocation, acquires a change the town.
  • omprakash patil
    omprakash patil
    I will recommend to watch "The Imitation Game" based on life of Mathematician Sir Allan Turing who break the enigma code by encrypting message and feeding them to machine called " Bombe " which he created using based on mathematical equations . Machine is an entire modification of polish scienetist with pure genious ideas worked by Allan Turing and his colleagues .his remarkable work not only save the millions of kide by decreasing span of WW2 by 2 year b y deciphering german codes . Even though today his work used in making algorithms, logical ideas of solving solution in computers,networks etc.
    Sadly his life was tragically end but his wor is astonoshinhly awakens thousands of upcoming generations in history of mankind.
  • kishan143
    kishan143
    3 Idiots is my all time favourite movie and I think every engineer must watch it once in their lifetime because the movie is based on the lives of 3 engineers. The most important message in the movie is that one should follow their heart and passion in their careers in order to be successful. I think it's very important message.
  • Satish kumar Vats
    Satish kumar Vats
    SATISH KUMAR VATS
    Bridge on river Kwai
    I watched this movie thrice,twice when I was in 7th or 8th standard. I really wasn't very good in English having done primary from a Hindi medium school. Second time again I could not understand many conversations between prisoners and the colonel. 3rd time I watched in the year 1976 at Gwalior when I grasped the entire concept. Its the struggle of a chief to get the all important bridge constructed in shortest time from reluctant workers who actually were prisoners. The way colonel motivated them is to learn for Gethsemane people.
    please read `management` in place of `gethsemane~
  • syed akram ali
    syed akram ali
    Every engineer should watch because at the end we realise beauty of concentration where our knowledge speak itself
    What are you wating for fo ahed and watch

A Beautiful Mind
    A Beautiful Mind is a touching, emotionally charged film detailing the life of a brilliant academic who suffers from schizophrenia. This affliction slowly takes over his mind and we watch as his life crumbles apart around him. He abandons his students, alienates his colleagues and replaces his research with a fruitless and all-consuming obsession. Eventually he is taken into hospital where he is forced, with the help of electric-shock therapy and regular medication, to accept his condition and attempt to repair the shattered fragments of his life.
    He succeeds. Of course he succeeds, this is Hollywood and Hollywood likes a happy ending. In this case the happy ending is that, as an old man and after years of struggle, the poor academic is awarded the Nobel Prize. One interesting point though; it's a true story and our hero is none other than John Forbes Nash Jr.
  • dishi mishra
    dishi mishra
    Ankita Katdare
    Most engineers among us are also huge movie buffs. We have a great community here and we would love to read recommendations from fellow engineers. It'd be awesome to have our own dedicated collection of movies that is a must-watch for every engineer.

Tell us any ONE movie that's a must-watch for every engineer and write ‘why you think so’ part in about approx. 50-100 words.

GRAND GIVEAWAY - Day 2

Prize:
    One best entry will be chosen from the replies in this thread and they will win a -

amazon-gift-card-4

Deadline:
    Rules:
    1. Your entry must be 100% original. Any entry having copied content from other websites will be disqualified.
    3 idiot is best movie to ever watch .In this real condition of engineering had shown and what the one engineer faces his or her engineering life and actually what the engineers should do instead of running for marks engineering is not getting 85/90% marks it's actually to learn something new and do something innovative that is real engineering and I think in 3 idiots the actually engineering life had been shown.
  • Abhijith Parri
    Abhijith Parri
    I would say MARTIAN.
    Because an engineer should be able to work at the worst case scenario to survive and keep on using his mind, the efforts he had made. He is an engineer and he knows how to cultivate, and make thin work. He in the movie explains an engineer should be t one who knows everything no matter what the case might be.
  • Arun kumar @ AJ
    Arun kumar @ AJ
    Vella Illa Pattadhari (VIP) Tamil movie
    In this movie the concept of it was the engineer must not under estimate himself and going for any other job like delivery boy , executives.....etc without knowing his worth of engineer knowledge ...The engineer is the one who was a creator of everything.....A engineer must not loss his/her hope and should be always brave by knowing his faith of knowledge towards all enengineers.....So the movie every engineer must watch was VIP
  • Prakhar Srivastava
    Prakhar Srivastava
    Movie : JOBS (Hollywood , 2013)
    Why ? > It describes the life story of a well known personality , who build an empire with his knowledge , dynamic ideas and an achievers attitude.
    An engineer could get a lot of thinks to learn from this movie , most important its never giving up persona can't be forsaken.
    It also explains that anyone can achive his/her dreams at any point in life , only when he/she is clear about that goal in his/her mind.
    its a must watch movie , Go for it!!
  • Akash Suhane
    Akash Suhane
    I know many have already mentioned this movie "3 idiots".
    but WHY is not justified.
    i will start with the name of the movie, IDIOTS because they opted for engineering and so we are.
    the movie beautifully depicts the LONG 4 years of engineering in SHORT 3 hours and we start to miss the movie as soon as it gets over JUST LIKE OUR ENGINEERING LIFE.
    this movie shows all the phase of an ENGINEER.
    from ambitious fresher to frustrated senior.
    from broke student to successful engineer.
    from heartbreak to love story.
    from family to friends.
    from BOY/GIRL to MAN/LADY.
    form NO ONE to SOMEONE.
    does not matter how many times you have seen it. every time it give you a NOSTALGIA.
  • Sagar kiranrao gharpure
    Sagar kiranrao gharpure
    Movie: pyar ka pachnama is my all time favourite movie and I think every engineer must watch it once in their lifetime because the movie is based on the lives of 3 guys. The most important message in the movie is that one should follow their heart and passion in their careers in order to be successful but if he fall in love then his success is goes back sometime. I think it's very important message.

I got inspired by the movie so much that I worked hard and studied very hard to get a good score in GATE. I found out that my passion is for engineering and higher studies.it will help me achieve my dreams. I owe all my success to inspiration derived from Pyar ka panchnama movie and I am sure that this movie has inspired so many other engineers like me.
  • mahender prajapath
    mahender prajapath
    Pacific Rim
    The film is set in the future, when Earth is at war with the Kaiju colossal monsters which have emerged from an interdimensional portal on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

Should Watch this movie........😀
  • Siddharth Nagaria
    Siddharth Nagaria
    Dead Poets Society
    " Carpe Diem, Seize the Day, Boys. Make your lives Extraordinary.."
    Directed by Peter Weir, Movie stars Great Robin Williams.
    This is the Story of an unconventional English Teacher (Robin Williams as John Keating) who encourages his school students to prioritize their individuality and pursue their passion. Movie's Screenplay was on point. The Story puts emphasis on how societal and parental pressure can change a person's life drastically.
    This is what happens in most of our lives, in the race of making others happy we forget to make ourselves happy.

Thanks 😀
    be0c58f75792da9f967d7b16500cfae8
  • Arvind Gaur
    Arvind Gaur
    I think "Swadesh"
    Because according to me the true engineer is that person who believes in to make life easy of people.. In this movie srk used his engineering to give electricity to villagers..
    So "Swadesh"..
  • gutu bekele
    gutu bekele

Note from administrator: Do not copy content from other websites. Write your own explanation.
  • ELDHOSE K SHIBU
    ELDHOSE K SHIBU
    Movie: Swades

About this movie

Shahrukh Khan as Mohan Bhargava is the project head at NASA. He visit India to get his mother back to the US, but she refuses and he stays there for long. He began to understand the problems the village faces and provides a solution for it. There after he stays in India.

Why this movie ?
    This movie dictates the life of every Indian engineer, his eager to work abroad and get wealthy. But at some point of time he remembers about India and the conditions in his village. In fact we should have the motivation to work for our mother country India. We should strive to develop our nation rather than going forward to make money and fame. Help our under developed areas to make them come forward. This is what every engineer should have in his/her mind.

Lesson from this movie

We are educated and more talented, but we refuse to put that talent for the benefit our country and our fellow beings, instead we go to big MNC's and work for the foreign. This is selfish behavior and need to be removed. What as an engineer we can do is that, live share and innovate so that common people benefit from this. We should put our talents for the development of this country first and then go for the development of others. How can one fulfill the hunger of other if he still doesn't fulfill his own ? Its time to learn from this move and more forward to help other who are really in need.

Learn from our mistakes and be with the one who needs our help. Give our hand to some one in need and be a handsome fellow. Thats what every engineer should be doing to prosper and live long.
    Remember engineers are the building blocks in a society, lets not waste any blocks !
  • abhishek jaiswal singh
    abhishek jaiswal singh
    If its Bollywood movie then its 3 IDIOTS. This movie don't just guide Engineers but also the students who are passionate about other fields but forcefully or blindly persuing engineering. It tells the very key fact of life that you have to live your passion for which you are created.
    And if its Hollywood movie then its HUGO.
    In this movie the little boy tries to fix things and things related to his dad. In the journey he goes through so many engineering advantures. The whole film is so much inpiring for engineers.
  • Ayushie Saxena
    Ayushie Saxena
    The one movie every engineer should watch is "3 Idiots". Released in 2009, the movie touched the hearts of millions of engineers, even Hollywood fans like myself. It is an inspiration for engineers( both student and working) that are still trying to find to find their own path. It not only emphasises on the college life of 3 students but also their future as engineers after numerous choices that every student my age has to face. Comming from different backgrounds, the students let creativity, talent, hope and above all- determination -pave their way for success. 3 Idiots, no matter how old, will always be a movie for engineers, a movie about engineers.
  • gutu bekele
    gutu bekele
    Admin Note: Copied Content Deleted.
  • RAJIV KUMAR THAKUJR
    RAJIV KUMAR THAKUJR
    Sultan - I recently watched this movie. Though this movie revolves around wrestling and Haryana but it could be any game or any state (place). What attracts me to this movie is dedication of the character SULTAN to achieve name and fame for him. How did he work hard? The passion he showed to achieve what he thought to be. We can apply the story line to our life too. Game can be replaced with our own jobs.
  • Shameem Ahmed
    Shameem Ahmed
    Ankita Katdare

GRAND GIVEAWAY - Day 2

Prize:

amazon-gift-card-4

Deadline:
    Rules:
    MOVIE NAME:- VARANAM AAYIRAM
    Varanam aayiram is one of favourite movie for me,not only for me for all young generation's.In that movie hero is a mechanical engineer.Love is a general feeling for all birth on all human beings and all living thing's.That movie based movie love.In that movie hero finished mechanical engineering.He worked as a testing engineer in ABT MARUTI.After getting he got married.I'm also mechanical engineer and too want a life live that this movie hero having.All Mechanical engineer who all are in love should watch this film..........
  • Shubham Jaitly
    Shubham Jaitly
    On April 11th 1970, Cmd. James Lovell, Cmd. John Swigert and Pilot Fred Haise set out on a trip to the moon on the Apollo 13 module. On April 13th, however, an unknown glitch caused their oxygen tank to rupture. An army of NASA engineers had to pull off a four-day marathon to get the Astronauts home alive.

Very few films depict engineers as heroes. Fewer are based off of the lives of living, breathing individuals. Fewer yet do so with a brilliant all-star cast. If you haven’t seen Apollo 13 yet then “Houston we have a problem.”
  • Shameem Ahmed
    Shameem Ahmed
    Shameem ahmed
    MOVIE NAME:- VARANAM AAYIRAM
    Varanam aayiram is one of favourite movie for me,not only for me for all young generation's.In that movie hero is a mechanical engineer.Love is a general feeling for all birth on all human beings and all living thing's.That movie based on love.In that movie hero finished mechanical engineering.He worked as a testing engineer in ABT MARUTI.After getting job he got married.I'm also mechanical engineer and i too want a life like that movie hero having.All Mechanical engineer who all are in love should watch this film..........
  • Shameem Ahmed
    Shameem Ahmed
    VARANAM AAYIRAM
    Varanam aayiram is one of favourite movie for me,not only for me for all young generation's.In that movie hero is a mechanical engineer.Love is a general feeling for all birth on all human beings and all living thing's.That movie based on love.In that movie hero finished mechanical engineering.He worked as a testing engineer in ABT MARUTI.After getting job he got married.I'm also mechanical engineer and i too want a life like that movie hero having.All Mechanical engineer who all are in love should watch this film👍.....
  • suhaib yousouf
    suhaib yousouf
    I would say, 3 Idiots. This movie gives the following lessons:
    1.We should pursue our career in that profession in which we will achieve best of ourselves.
    2.We should love our engineering profession and not dread it and just mug up
    the concepts.
    3.When we love it,then we are never stressed and only then we can learn it and then we can apply it in any conditions,and the last scene of the movie just pumps my adrenaline when I feel down due to any reason .
    4.Friendship is a great blessing above our own benefits.
    5.Whatever happens in life say to yourself " ALL IS WELL''.
  • Komal Battula
    Komal Battula
    I think It should be "Interstellar" because it has an amazing imagination which every engineers should have. And it tell us that there are much than what we can see. So always keep your eye open.
  • omendra kumar
    omendra kumar
    **Sadda Adda**

Hi Engineer,
    The most relevant movies to all engineers,that is
    "Sadda Adda"
    Because,
    there is a quote about engineer that "All rounder of humanity,who never quite for any horrible tasks-The engineer can do."
    **Everything is possible in the world because world is running with lots of possibilities,only there is need to judge them and accept them.**

After doing 4 four years engineering,every engineer think once that 'what next' even he /she/undefined form different disciplines(Computer,mechanical,civil,electronic,electrical,chemical,textile,paint,aeronautical and food etc.) abount other option even some time they are clear about their focus,they think once.

So, in this movies Sadda Adda is a top point for your future to see ,from where you can justify yourself and surely will get a direction.Here in this movie,there are 6 Bachelors came in a metropolitan city Delhi to get their future and finally they get.
    Hence,
    Finally, It is all about your
    1- Decision
    2- Passions
    3- Self-motivation
    4- Hard-work enhancement
    5- Be Happy.

Thanks & Regards
    Omendra
  • Nerella Maheshchandra
    Nerella Maheshchandra
    The movie which every engineer must watch is raghuvaran btech I loved the movie the charecter of the hero is exactly the same how an ordinary engineer will be he tries hard for working on what he studied rather got away with the flow and at last suceeded in life
  • Yogendra Bhaskar
    Yogendra Bhaskar
    The Pursuit of Happyness
    I liked it because the movie showed tears of frustration ,
    then tears of sorrow ,
    and finally tears of happiness.
    Beautiful movie with a inspiring message.
    "Don't ever let someone tell you, you can't do something. ... You got a dream, you got to protect it."
  • Shubham Jaitly
    Shubham Jaitly
    I will suggest an Bollywood movie called "Manjhi - The Mountain Man" as because it motivates not only engineers but also other human beings to cut out their way out of the big rock , to face the unknowns and unexpected challenges of life with "True Devotion" and the hell of a "Hard Work."
    Though I may not be a winner here which i confidently think but i sincerely request all the non viewers of this movie to watch "Manjhi - The Mountain Man" and just gain the spirit of facing the very hard and big challenges in your life.
  • Manik Bhardwaj
    Manik Bhardwaj
    Social Network
  • Pranit Yawalkar
    Pranit Yawalkar
    "Theory of Everything"
    is my favorite movie ever.
    It is story of Stephen Hawking.
    About his efforts to discover something by beating his weaknesses.
    An engineer can learn lot from this movie.
    Must watch.
  • OKEBACAM ONYEWEKE
    OKEBACAM ONYEWEKE
    Admin Notice: Copied content removed.
  • Dhanesh Gaur
    Dhanesh Gaur
    Movie: I AM KALAM
    ABOUT :
    I Am Kalam is a film about an underprivileged child who is inspired by India's erstwhile President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam and aspires to grow up to be a respectable person like him.
    Why : There are no of children who want to study and their dreams also to study new books, school dress etc but due to today educational business they can't study and in this movie also it has been seen that any ordinary child can be a Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.

Movie also pay attention on the poor children who works laborious in the ''dhaba,tea shop" etc but they also have their dreams and we have to support them.

Finally I will say I AM KALAM is a lovely inspirational movie which notonly say that we support poor childrean butalso says that a comman man can be a president of india by their hard work.
    Thank You
  • Pranit Yawalkar
    Pranit Yawalkar
    "Inception"
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Note to all participants:

1. Do NOT copy content from other websites. We expect you to write your explanation in your own words.

2. Explanation of 'why' is the most important part of your entry. Keep it within 100 words.

3. In case of multiple submissions, only the first submission will be considered.
  • vigneshwar suriya prakash
    vigneshwar suriya prakash
    ki and ka............... new way of thinking
  • Manisha Daphal
    Manisha Daphal
    From my point of view "the matrix series" & "the social network" are the best movie for engineers to watch. In matrix they had shown very good combination of virtual reality with real life human experience. After watching this movie, at least once we thought that if such things are happened then what will be the future for humans.
    In social network they had shown the journey of mark zukerberg. He proved that if you have talent then you can win the world. His story is very inspiring for the youth entrepreneur. He started from scrap and made it huge. We just have to follow our dream.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    My vote - is for The Pursuit of Happyness.
    It always talks about excellence + passion + attitude = Success

The way Chris puts all his investments into bone density scanners , for making , remaking and selling says a lot about a person's confidence & Passion in his dreams.

The emotional separation from wife,then home puts in a situation or potrays the guy as a complete failure.

The emotional struggle in running from the cab because of no fare,running to get the density machine, leaving away the kid's doll to not to miss the bus add up an extra-ordinary struggle and never give up attitude.

I will always have tears in my eyes while watching the scene where Chris sleeps with his son in the bathroom.

The countless nights where Chris struggles to find a place in chilling winter, working to fix the machine and sell it gives us the confidence on never lose hope.

The stock broker journey, calling countless members getting appointments and finally succeeding will give goose bumps and passion for success.

The way Chris acts,in fact lives in the final episode on getting the congratulations from the firm and the way he runs to his son to share his happiness tells the value of family and how to value an achievement.

On understanding that this is a real story and a real struggle will leave people strong and gives a great confidence on life.
  • Udayram Patil
    Udayram Patil
    Ankita Katdare

GRAND GIVEAWAY - Day 2

Prize:

amazon-gift-card-4

Deadline:
    Rules:
    3 Idiots.........
  • Kumar Hemjeet
    Kumar Hemjeet
    1.Schindler's list (1993)
    The film is based on a life of German oskar (businessman)schindler who saved the life of more than thousand of people by employing them in his factories during the second world war .

Interstellar (2014)
    It's well picturzed sci-fi film . As per science this film is 99.99% accurate and uses the professors of MIT while shooting the film in making sure of that nothing goes wrong in the concept . In this film a group of members are sent to wormhole in search of a new place for humans . While Murphy travelled into the warmhole he discovered new dimensions .
    A must watch movies for engineers
  • swayswap
    swayswap
    3 idiots.

Not only engineer but also every student should watch this movie: I think every student must watch it once in their lifetime because, every parent wants their child to be an engineer or a doctor or a lawyer etc. Many of the students are not allowed to choose their career and it results in failure. In 3 idiots, same situation is shown where Farhan Qureshi wanted to be a wildlife photographer but forced to be an engineer which results in his failure. Another person in this movie is Raju Rastogi who chooses engineering with hopes of improving his family's financial situation, but his lack of self-confidence results in poor grades. Their friend Rancho has an immense interest in engineering. This film teaches to choose what you love and you will achieve whatever you want. While watching this movie Raju's personality will teach to trust yourself and do not fear. When Rancho answers his professor in first lecture it indicates that Engineering is to focus on concepts and not get lost in technical details. Farhan’s story shows always listen to your heart when it comes to pursue a carrier. Studying is not about ranking, it’s more about who you will become when you finish your studies. Lastly, never ever give up on your true friends.
  • Megha Parihar
    Megha Parihar
    Movie - 3 IDIOTS..
    This is the movie i prefer every engineer as well as every individual should watch. It not only depicts the life of an engineer but also the circumstances he/she faces.. The real 4 yrs. of an engineer from ragging to farewell all is very well described in the movie.. the mood swings, ups and downs, the late night preparation, pressure before results, all can be felt.. so i would suggest if not in the past but in present or in future one should surely watch this movie..
  • Megha Parihar
    Megha Parihar
    Movie - 3 IDIOTS..
    This is the movie i prefer every engineer as well as every individual should watch. It not only depicts the life of an engineer but also the circumstances he/she faces.. The real 4 yrs. of an engineer from ragging to farewell all is very well described in the movie.. the mood swings, ups and downs, the late night preparation, pressure before results, all can be felt.. so i would suggest if not in the past but in present or in future one should surely watch this movie..
  • Haleema Basheer
    Haleema Basheer
    Movie-THE MATRIX TRILOGY

Though I am an electronics student, that movie has fascinated me beyond words, because to be living in a world ruled by machines where we are harvested like plants for food(energy) is really amazing. It shows that through coding anything is nearly possible. The concept where humans have to enter the machine world for survival and a hacker who can break the rules of that world and a prophecy that gives hope to humans, something that seems so close in the distant future. Sometimes I doubt maybe i really am living in a matrix world.. cuz after seeing that movie..you really tend to think so..

😀- should surely watch the movie to know what m speaking about.. 😀
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    The Pursuit of Happyness 😀
    The story is based on entrepreneur Chris Gardner , which replicates how to achieve dreams despite tons of barriers and adverse conditions . The endless fighting with life and never giving up attitude . its just inspirational 👍 . We always give up to situations without doing at-least 10% efforts , the movie teaches us fight endlessly with whatever you have and have little faith 😀

Poster-pursuithappyness
  • Abhilasha Bhalerao
    Abhilasha Bhalerao
    I know many of movies but my favourite movie is "Phir Hera Pheri".it is very comedy and mind freshing movie.I always watches comedy movies to be happy,stressless and refresh.
    I think every engineer should watch this movie for happiness,refreshment and engineer having stress in this any field.to get mind with full fresh and enthutiastic,I always prefer to watch any comedy movie.
    So,try to watch a comedy movie!!!
  • rayudi naveen
    rayudi naveen
    Pacific rim this is the one movie you should watch it like a kid it makes you want to be an engineer. This is a movie about human being with the help of Jaegers which they built to fight kaiju an alien monster, a Jaeger has two brains and it is taller than any building in China what more could you ask for look at the design of Jaeger it is not an alien which can shape shifts into a car it is a giant machine with human brain and this is the only movie where engineers become the last hope for the survival of human kind.
  • rakesh kulkarni
    rakesh kulkarni
    Movie : "The Pursuit of Happyness".

Initially I was surprised with the "happyness" spelling, but later when I watched this movie I got to know the reason behind it.
    The movie is based on the true story of Chris Gardner, who rises above all the obstacles to become a wall street legend. I think one of the most important thing we engineer's lack is determination towards our goal... This movie shows if you are determined to achieve the goals you have set for you, nothing In this world will stop you to accomplish them.
    This movie is a real motivation for me, I will recommend this movie.
  • Devashish Vyas
    Devashish Vyas
    3 idiots
  • Debasmita Banerjee
    Debasmita Banerjee
    (Do I have to say? I mean my attitude proves, it’s without a second thought : ) "IRON MAN"

Reason for choosing (not biased, but had to name it) -

An alcoholic play boy, a maniac mechanic, a MIT alumnus and the current owner of the STARK industry is an engineer, still it is a movie about how “engineering” should portray a lifestyle, not a discipline. He would take you inside the film and shows that engineering is living the life with brain and heart and stomach together, with adventures. It’s where Tony Stark, the hero of this film, the Iron Man is built (not born) and said he wanted to protect the people. Being one of the richest icons, he deliberately went into the terrorists’ trap and later saved many innocent families from getting butchered. Portraying a strong sense of justice, he went against his seniors (became a whistleblower), the govt. and finally saved the world. One and only super hero, whom I could ever understand. And the film!

ironman
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    The Pursuit of Happyness : One must watch this amazing movie, the way a person fight with all the life hardships is shown very well, the movie teaches us "Never Quit in life" which is very essential for an engineer to learn in order to achieve anything.
    Doesn't matter How hard life hit you hard, one must not quit and just continue fighting 😀
  • Arun pratap singh
    Arun pratap singh
    "ek deewana tha"
    yes , in the whole movie there is nothing about engg. except that the guy was an mechanical engg.
    why you should watch it ? love ? naah !
    view it from different perspective , you can still choose other career aspects also being a engg graduate.
    many people just roam around engg exams and and they get nothing , because there mind is somewhere else.
    so get the courage to step towards your interest and dont think why i did engg ?
  • ankit mohanty
    ankit mohanty
    Spare Parts ..... this movie is based on real incident ......a high school team beat MIT three times in a row in an under water robotics competition by NASA . This is the one of the best engineering movie based on real event i have seen so far .... why i like this movie because If you think you are unbeatable at that time someone from some where is preparing to defeat you.... we can't underestimate some one by looking in his educational qualification
  • Himank Shekhar
    Himank Shekhar
    Whenever one say a movie about engineers,the only movie comes to every ones mind is "3 Idiots",bt my all time favourite movie dedicated to all engineers out there is "Zindagi na milegi dobara".The friendship trios of hrithik,farhaan and abhay just gives us a perfect example of how friendship should be.,the best part of the movie is the beautiful dialogues and poems written by zoya akhtar.,I would like 2 share my best dialogue which i remember everytime i face some trouble in my life..:Yeh jo gehre sannate hain
    Waqt ne sabko hi baante hain
    Thoda ghum hai sabka qissa
    Thodi dhoop hai sabka hissa
    Aankh teri bekaar hi nam hai
    Har pal ek naya mausam hai
    Kyun tu aise pal khota hai
    Dil aakhir tu kyun rota hai
  • Vigita S
    Vigita S
    MOVIE: October Sky
    The movie is based on the true story of Homer. H. Hicknam. He was the son of a coal miner and he got inspired by the launch of sputnik. During his schooling he was discouraged and everyone thought that he was mad. The only support he had was his science teacher. With her support he works hard and build his rocket with his equally nerdy friends and wins the national science fair to get college scholarship. None of this was easy especially for Homer. They were even arrested for causing a forest fire accidently. This movie was a true inspiration for me. It made me understand that greater things cannot be achieved easily.
  • Samreen Unnisa
    Samreen Unnisa
    One movie that every engineer should watch : "3 idiots"
    In that film, it was shown that we need to discover our interest and focus on strengths so that we can achieve the position we want to achieve. It gives you confidence to be self-dependent.
    The movie encourages us to be self-learner and we need to understand the concepts that is being taught to us and don't have to mug up everything.
  • hari111
    hari111
    i suggest "RAGHUVARAN B.TECH"
    As an engineer we must watch the movie . It shows the attitude of a engineer and we never want to go another field other than your wish. Be a Engineer Live like a King
  • Pratyush Kumar
    Pratyush Kumar
    octobersky OCTOBER SKY
    This movie based on a small town of Coalwood in West Virginia will send your engineer spirits soaring up in the sky.October sky is the story of Homer Hickman, his friends, and his teacher who against the wishes of his practical-minded father dreams of building a Rocket of his own and lighting up the night sky.The story is a reminder to all Engineers that in a project of any kind resources are never a concern.
    If you are currently working on a project or have left one midway then this is a much needed boost for you to get up and working.
  • Mohith Karthick
    Mohith Karthick
    Movie: Inidhu Inidhu
    Why: Everyone may think that the story is full of love and friendship. But on the other side it expresses the peer pressure of a village student and how it is over comed by the help of his friends. The college becomes a place were friendship arises between the strangers.
  • geethika civil
    geethika civil
    Being an engineer I would say it is Raghuvaran Btech. It is not only about a civil engineer it is all about engineering graduates. This film is just an inspiring play that every engineer at once thought about their strengths. It is also a sentimental film about mother and I loved it.
    It is not just an reel life, it is no more less than real life. It also shows that for any project all the engineering streams come together for its successful completion. No one has a power to stop an engineer from showing his hidden talents what may comes in between.
  • Kalaiyarasan Rajendran
    Kalaiyarasan Rajendran
    Mission impossible series.

It's a great movie which overcast the most practically possible technologies which aren't exist now. But could be dwfowd on our colourful future .
  • Kshitij sable
    Kshitij sable
    Movie- STAR TREK
    Set in future this movie shows the world defined by technology and not by religion, politics, etc. Any engineer who watches this movie is gonna be inspired and feel proud by seeing where engineering can and will take us (in future), Into the world where mankind has conquered the final frontier (space), where every aspect of the world depends heavily on the really cool gadgets and machines built by us. Every scene in the movie makes you feel "Jesus! I wanna build that" for every space ship or machine you see ;almost makes you feel writing those long and dull college submission journals tolerable.
  • Ajit Katte
    Ajit Katte
    The Internship (2013) - IMDb
    This is the story of two salespersons, who eventually lose their jobs due to digitization. But by some luck they end up their way into a coveted internship at Google, where they have to compete with a group of young, tech-savvy geniuses for a shot at employment.

Ultimately these experienced creative minds leaves us stunned with their innovative ideas and marketing skills.
    This movie really inspires us and gives us the most important message that never give up, work hard and put your blood and sweat to achieve what are you thriving for.
  • neurobot
    neurobot
    My suggestion is to watch Tamil movie Valiyavan ...
    cast: Jai, Andrea Jeremiah

It has the story of a common manager of a mall who fights against an international boxer!
    I know that this film has not received many good reviews! but I want to share personally
    what I have learned as an engineering student ?
    1. Have faith in yourself.
    2. Practice! Practice- the more you do the more you learn.
    3. Learn from Everything and Everyone.
    4. Never underestimate the one below you.
    5. Always focus on your goal.

thankyou
  • Jason Jose
    Jason Jose
    Finally Writing on CE after a long time.
    October Sky(1999).
    Being an Aerospace Engineer, this is more than a movie for me. The Movie is based on the True story of Homer Hickam, a normal guy who gets inspired in Rocketry after watching a flypast of the US spacecraft Sputnik. Fighting discouragement by his own father, a coal miner, to multiple failures, the Rocket Boys endure all to go on to Win the National Science Fair and then get college scholarships.
    What makes the movie bitter-sweet is the the way he overcame the difficulties with his father to make his dream come true and how in the end his father sets his aspirations for his son, to make way for his sons dream to come true.

A Must Watch!!
  • CHARAN KUMAR CHAVATA
    CHARAN KUMAR CHAVATA
    I suggest every engineer to watch the movie " AA NALUGURU" - Telugu movie.

Because now a days every engineers main aim is to earn more money and they are losing the ethics and morals and also stepping into illegal paths for earning more money

In the movie "Aa Naluguru" the director shows good ethical values and morals and shows money is not everything and maintaining a healthy relationship till the end of life is great.

There is a famous dialogue in the movie - "when a person asked about the greatness of a rupee then rupee replied that i can make even harischandra to lie, brothers, father and son, brother and sisters quarrel among them and even i can break a friendship. That is the greatness of me".

This movie made me a complete engineer with full of ethics and morals and i wont make any illegal actions for money.aa-naluguru
  • lawrence sebwami
    lawrence sebwami
    Ankita Katdare

GRAND GIVEAWAY - Day 2

Prize:

amazon-gift-card-4

Deadline:
    Rules:
  • R VASUDEVAN
    R VASUDEVAN
    Fifty odd years ago a film titked Satyakam by Hrishikesh Mukerji was released. It starred Dharmendra, as a honest-to thr bones Engineer, with Sharmila Tagore as his wife, and Ashok Kumar and Sanjeev Kumar in supporting Cast.
    Even after Dharmendra acted in so many films of so many hues later, this film is considered his carreer-best film. Fresh after independence a honest rational thinking engineer , Satya, tries to lead a straight life without any compromise; he is forced by circumstances to marry a girl who is sexually exploited by a rogue prince; and grow up a girl chld of uncertaun parenthood; His adamant refusal to sign and certify poor quality construction and refuse monetory temptations make him change jobs; frequent quarrels with his wife, and ultimately fall sick ; even at this stage of ensuring a safe future for his family after his impending death he refuses any help; when he relents at one stage, his wife is courageous enough to refuse such help as she knows that it is against his principle; he dies a poor man, but happy that his wife understood him;
    The film is serious throughout, and the dialogues and characters wrench ones conscience. AshokKumar 's role as Satya's ascetic grandfather with high ideals but refusal to accept Satya's wife Ranjana as Bahu due to her past , gets humbled by the daughter of Ranjana from the past, who is able to accept her uncertain paternity without shame or reservation.
    I remember it was a black and white film and won some Filmfare awards, but it was not a commercial Success. and it was not meant to be though it had all the top actors.
    Even today I get emotional remembering the character of Satya, and his struggles. It is a lesson for today's youngsters on the level of aspiration a young India of 1947 had which are in Shambles today.
    I recommend every Indian to see thos film once, not for entertainment but for the search for truth. Just see if you can get it in youtube.
  • M.Zuber Bhoja
    M.Zuber Bhoja
    Student of the Year (2012) - IMDb
    Because every college student want to this type of life in college,
    Fun enjoyment and everything,
    every engineering student thinking i have beautiful girlfriend,
    and one big friebd group and last thing i would be topper in class😀
    everything in this movie so Engineer almost watch this movie....
  • shaileshkumar Lendhe
    shaileshkumar Lendhe
    movie-NEW YEAR ERA
    I think the person who is in engineering profession is always busy with machines and his profession.he even not getting time for enjoyment.he spent his whole life for sacrifices and adjustment.the movie i liked most is NEW YEAR ERA.which i think should watched by each engineer.the reason is that we all celebrate new year in a grand way by wishing people happy new year.in that movie also at last one engineer repaired faulty time setting machine where lot of people puting their hopes for their new year happiness.thus engineer role in that movie is bringing happiness in peoples life.and serve all mankind in the world.
  • S.VARSHITHA SRINIVASAN
    S.VARSHITHA SRINIVASAN
    I want to mention about the movie "VELLAI ILLA PATADHARI" which is a famous Tamil movie.In this movie,the director has shown the real pain that an engineer undergoes when he does not get a job.For that he (the actor) does not give up his hope but one fine day,he wins.So from this we can take two positive things- do not get fed up when you are not recognized in the first attempt and the second thing is that there is a chance for everyone to play in this world.
  • Manish Pokale
    Manish Pokale
    Movie:- Lakshya

Who does not want to be an officer in the Indian Army? There are many engineers who have watched Lakshya at-least twice in one of those ‘movie-marathon nights’ in their hostel and decided that they would go for the Indian Army after their graduation. Lakshya does has the power to inspire you to the core.
    This is the movie shows the real enjoyment and struggle in the life. If we compare Engineering with the life of Hritik in the movie then we understand that in 4 years of college we dont know that how we are and after passout from the college we understand the real situation and struggle of life and in that situation we need so much passions and ready to do the hard work.....
  • varsha varsha
    varsha varsha
    Movie:- The Wolf Of the Wall Street

Why?- Engineering's student having, one dream:- Own Campany (because they are there own boss, no one can rule them) and this movie shows, how from scratch you can built an empire with minimum investment and least exprience. Its shows some of the best markting technique like selling evrything and anything and gives an insight of business, people, market, and techniqes too.

Now a days there are various events in college fest, which deals on this movie concept, so if you want to win these events and thinking of doing MBA or starting your own business anytime and at any age from anywhere, watch this movie and get your self motivated mean while enjoy and learn.
  • lawrence sebwami
    lawrence sebwami
    The Tomorrow land movie.
    This movie urges us to be innovative as we practice our engineering profession. It calls for commitment and hard work to see to it that our artifacts are a success regardless of any challenges like limited resources, criticism etc. This movie goes ahead to address the beauty of engineering as it is even possible to enter into some one's mind using certain engineering artifacts. For me i learn t that one may come up with a machine for example and it fails to do what it was intended for so this must not be a reason for the Engineer to surrender/give up on it always keep trying you may find that you are only missing some thing small for your machine to work not forgetting that Engineers work as a team.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The Giveaway #2 officially has ended at 11:59:59 PM (IST). The winner will be declared in the next few hours. Keep an eye on: CrazyEngineers Grand Giveaway - DO NOT MISS IT! for all the updates.
  • Paul Grima
    Paul Grima
    I suggest the film "The Bridge on the River Kwai".
    There is a human element, there is national pride, and even with the poor conditions they had they managed to build a proper bridge. Then the main actor realizes that by building a good bridge they were helping the enemy, and with his last action he destroys the same bridge.
  • Anshuman Sethi
    Anshuman Sethi
    Good Will Hunting
    • Education can come from anywhere (Matt Damon solving math problem which no one could solve in MIT )
    • We spend so much time thinking what others perceive us as that we eventually lose track of who we really are.
    • We all need a true genuine friend to help us find our journey.
    • Education is overrated a self-taught janitor can beat MIT/Harvard students
    • Matt Damon,Ben Affleck,Robin Williams are the stars.
    • Some people are better than you and you have to live with it.
  • Kasim Salih
    Kasim Salih
    If engineers have never seen Good Will Hunting, they are insane. This movie is about a young adult by the name of Will Hunting, who has an amazing talent in Mathematics, but his main fault is his inability to commit himself in any kind of relationship. When Will is almost sent to jail, a professor at MIT decides to bail him out under the condition that he works with him for math every week and that he visits a therapist. Little does he know that the therapist, Sean, will change his life in so many ways. I think this movie could satisfy every engineers' movie desire. The reasons are as follows:
    1) Education can come from anywhere: The movie shows that there are smart people even in slums. All they need is an opportunity and help from the people who recognize their needs.
    2)
  • Kasim Salih
    Kasim Salih
    If engineers have never seen Good Will Hunting, they are insane. This movie is about a young adult by the name of Will Hunting, who has an amazing talent in Mathematics, but his main fault is his inability to commit himself in any kind of relationship. When Will is almost sent to jail, a professor at MIT decides to bail him out under the condition that he works with him for math every week and that he visits a therapist. Little does he know that the therapist, Sean, will change his life in so many ways. I think this movie could satisfy every engineers' movie desire. The reasons are as follows:
    1) Education can come from anywhere: The movie shows that there are smart people even in slums. All they need is an opportunity and help from the people who recognize their needs.
    2) It teaches us how friendship should look like: Once you believe that someone is your true friend, you stand on your friend's side.
    3) It explains what Soul Mate means: It persuades engineers who don’t have a human connection in their life, they should better get their heads out of the books and meet someone.
    Please watch this movie and I hope every engineer will love it.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Hollywood: Interstellar

-> Interstellar is the story of an engineer, of mankind and of the impending future. It is a story about the fabric of human nature and incidentally, also about the fabric of space-time. The way the movie unfolds is ruthless - it literally challenges you to keep pace with the science involved. The biggest reason why every engineer (and even those who are not) should watch this movie is to see the confidence the protagonists have in the theory of science, the "faith" they put in the advances made by mere humans, while fighting the grand and careless universe. It is a story of survival. And personally, the movie emphasizes to me that nothing is impossible. If you have the knowledge, if you are rational, if you can think, even a Black Hole shall not stop you.

Most importantly, I recommend Interstellar for the genius of Mr. Nolan. To repeatedly raise the bar higher is easily said than done. With Interstellar, he told us a story which literally transcends dimensions. I imagine how impossible it might have appeared to put across a story this complex, this ambitious and this scientifically accurate - and yet not bore the audience (both scientifically oriented and those not) and keep them gripped. In the artistic world, Mr. Nolan undertook the same journey that Cooper did. He had to cross millions of light years worth of cinematic challenges to make Interstellar. This is something no filmmaker (I have seen) has been capable of - yet. In a way, every filmmaker is an engineer and Mr. Nolan represents the best of them. Interstellar is a visionary and inspirational project, a must watch for any engineer.

If it helps, during the course of making Interstellar, two scientific papers were published - this was the level of dedication and originality involved.

Bollywood: Swades
    -> Swades, on the other hand has nothing to do with engineering, yet everything. It is a personal favourite because it simply hit me hard. To make a movie on the social issues of our country is not difficult, many do. But to make a movie which provides tangible solutions to these problems, without becoming preachy, is something very few movies are capable of (OMG is another such). Swades is a movie about an engineer, who decides to move back to India, because he cares and believes he can bring about a change. The reason why every engineer should watch Swades is because this movie teaches you how to be a part of the solution. Everybody just re-iterates the problem, but engineers have the gift of providing a solution. This is a movie with its heart in the right place and execution is absolutely perfect. It is indeed a perfect movie to watch for anyone (not just engineers), but a great movie to learn from especially if you are an engineer. Swades inspired a lot of Indians to move back, talk about the power of good cinema!
  • Darshan Kharbikar
    Darshan Kharbikar
    IRON MAN

In Iron Man, Tony Stark, an industrialist and master engineer, builds an armor and becomes the technologically advanced superpowered Iron Man.Its an ideal way of how an engineer must live his life .Both enjoying and innovating something new at same time
    One of the few things you can learn by watching this movie are
    1.You can do what people expect you to do, or you can do what’s right.
    2.Technology is great, but know how to survive without it.
    3.Always keep people who you can trust your life with.
    4.Care for others but proving it is only a waste of time
    5.You can always escape from even worst of situations if you use your knowledge correctly.
  • Darshan Kharbikar
    Darshan Kharbikar
    In Iron Man, Tony Stark, an industrialist and master engineer, builds an armor and becomes the technologically advanced superpowered Iron Man.Its an ideal way of how an engineer must live his life .Both enjoying and innovating something new at same time.Few things you can learn by watching this movie are
    1.You can do what people expect you to do, or you can do what’s right.
    2.Technology is great, but know how to survive without it.
    3.Always keep people who you can trust your life with.
    4.Care for others but proving it is only a waste of time
    5.You can always escape from even worst of situations if you use your knowledge correctly

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Please join us as Seán Moran, author of “An Applied Guide to Process and Plant Design”, and “Process Plant Layout” discusses what he’s learned from the hundreds of process...
Hey @Harshad Italiya Wishing you loads of success and happiness on this birthday. Many many happy returns of the day! 🎉🎉 😁WHAT'S THE SPECIAL PLAN TODAY?
Hello, I am planning to visit Bangalore from 29th Nov to 4th Dec. Any CEans from Bangalore? Let's catch up !
Indian market will soon be gifted with another smartphone child from the parent, Huawei – a multinational Chinese consumer electronics company. With their latest Huawei Enjoy 6 variant, they might...
LG today launched a new smartphone in its X series- X Power, with a massive 4100 mAh battery featuring a fast charging PE+ technology at Rs. 15990. The device available...