TL431 shunt regulator

Hello,
How to calculate the input resistance to be connected in TL431 shunt regulator. What is the maximum input voltage that can be applied?
Thanks!

Replies

• reachrkata
    reachrkata
    1) The input resistance depends on the Load current - because the load current causes a voltage drop across the resistor. Therefore it should be chosen such that the drop does not cause TL431 to come out of its regulator mode.

2) Now having chosen the input resistor, the maximum input voltage that can be applied is that which does not increase the current through TL431 more than its max rating.

- Karthik
    ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEsssssssssssssssssss Name: Anandhakumar G Engineering Trade: MCA Location: Coimbatore, India Occupation: Working Work Experience: 3 years Hobbies & Interests: Browsing , Playing cricket volley ball, chatting with friends ....
Sales Associate Description Working in Bestspystore Retail will be rewarding, it will be challenging, it may well be a step towards something bigger, but it is most definitely not just...
Hi...Friends. I have completed Engineering in this acadamic year in Instrumentation Technology branch ,now which is preferential- doing MTEC or any software course.Give me any suggestions.
Hi, I am new to CE, so pardon me if I am posting my question at the wrong place. I am doing B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering from Delhi(Bharati Vidyapeeth...
i just wanna say ON CE's site there is no medium so that we could chat with any CE member instantly we need to go to there profiles to send...