ThoughWorks: The Architecture You Have Always Dreamt Of

We are delighted to invite you to an interactive Webinar called "The Architecture You Have Always Dreamt Of". Over the years we have seen many systems architecture approaches come and go as we have worked hard in IT to keep up with the pace of business change. While Agile delivery methods have helped enormously on a project-by-project basis, enterprise system portfolios remain notoriously resistant to change.

For almost two decades the enterprise architecture we have dreamt of has been sitting in plain sight. The Web has become the foremost example of a scalable, resilient, and loosely-coupled system of systems, which are precisely the characteristics we want in enterprise solutions.

Topics Covered
In this briefing, Dr Jim Webber, ThoughtWorks' agitator behind Guerrilla SOA, will show how the Web wins out by:

* Explaining that enterprise architecture today is mortally wounded by profoundly inappropriate technology choices, which bow to vendor pressure over business imperatives.
* Showing that the Web has all of the "ilities" that we demand from enterprise-grade systems, but captured as patterns rather than middleware.
* Introducing case studies from recent projects which demonstrate both cost savings and ROI from using Web-inspired architectures over traditional enterprise middleware.

Speaker Profile
Dr. Jim Webber is Director of Professional Services for ThoughtWorks where he works on dependable distributed systems architecture for clients worldwide. He is an active speaker, author and blogger.

Date

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Time : 6:30 p.m - 7:30 p.m IST

Who Should Attend

Senior Developers, Tech Leads, Project Managers, Program Managers, Delivery Managers, CXOs and IT decision makers.

About Master Class

This monthly webinar series by ThoughtWorks, is a great way for you to interact with industry experts on various topics of interest.

Questions: Call us on +91 99020 43964

Thank you,
Team MasterClass

Replies

• sookie
    sookie
    Venue Please ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Its a webminar 😀 : #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft today launched the Platform preview of their latest browser Internet Explorer 9. Platform preview basically means that it is a browser without the user interface which you would normally...
Rama, the ancient idol of the heroic ages, the embodiment of truth, of morality, the ideal son, the ideal husband, and above all, the ideal king, this Rama has been...
Hi I am planning to prepare a costume that makes a person invisible. I got some ideas. but when i searched for it in internet, i found a different methodology....
Due to advancements in technology there are lot of key loggers available in internet where even osk is also not quite helpful So here is another tip Type password in...
hii friends, friends while im searching for a miniproject topic i heard about "CLAP OPERATED FAN SPEED CONTROL".i think this is a good one but i dont have the circiut...