This is a support request regarding etabs.

dear friends and seniors

i am very new to etabs and i wasn't very good with structure design and analysis either so some of the question might seem very easy but its not, not for me at least

i have attached a image file for reference and ekb for review.

Q1- as you see in the pic there is a xy beam. now while drawing should i draw it like a single beam or should i draw itin parts like xa,ab, etc? does it even matter ?

Q2- same thing for the slab. Should I create it in panels or its ok if I create one single panel for one floor?

Q3 – do I need to create joints where secondary beams intersect with the primary beams or should I must not have a joint there

Q4- in my research I found that end moment of secondary beams should be released. Should I also remove the moment when the beam starts from a column? What happen when a secondary beam is supported by two primary beams? What happen when when a secondary beam continues like the pq beam shown in the picture

Q4- in the picture you can see the live load has been assigned twice. How do I remove one of them? I can’t find how to assign the self load? If it is already assign, how can I see it

Q5- in the 3d window u can see the analysis of a frame which I m using to practice etabs. For some reason a huge amount of moment is generated in one single column, I don’t see any error in the model or loading. Then why it’s happening?

Q6- in my city its common to put beams from face to face of columns and not center to center. Is it ok? Is there way to draw beams like that on etabs

Q7- when I go to try to see the loads in display I can see the dead load placed on the frame but when I try to see the live load, noting shows. Why?

I don’t expect people to actually read such a long post and answer my each question but I m have tried google and youtube but cant find adequate answers of my questions. I would be very very grateful if my questions are answered.

Thank you everyone.

link to my file etab final

lETABS HELP

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Despite the enormous technological advancement in mobiles, laptops and portable electronic devices, if you ask - what is that one thing about these that bugs you the most? - A...
I've always wanted to own a BMW S1000RR and finally, it's arrived! It sure is a beast!
Last week, iBall added a new smartphone - Andi 5T Cobalt 2 to its Andi line-up and now the Indian smartphone maker has released a new tablet in the country....
(Email from Shivakumaran) RAHUL GANDHI: CONGRESS BELIEVES IN LOVE, OTHERS IN DIVISIVE POLITICS by Ranbir Krishan Dear Shri Rahul Gandhi, You have found a new mantra in your recent speeches,...
Intel has promised that the Thunderbolt platform will support Ethernet networking at 10 Gbps. The company presented at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) and informed that the Thunderbolt 2...