CrazyEngineers
  • The Lawrence Livermore National Lab has produced an interesting graph that shows that less than 40% of the energy produced in the States is actually used.
    There is a new term got negawatt - 1 negawatt = 1 watt saved. Environmentally a negawatt is better than 1 watt more produced.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    There are other useful links in the above article.
    This one on cost of solar power is very interesting:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    It would not too surprising if a similar exercise done in India (and other countries) throws up similar dismal results.

I am taking a break in the US now. I am seeing lot more solar farms dotted around the countryside than in India. One American I met told me that he appreciated Modi for covering canals with solar awning to garner power and was wondering why this was not followed elsewhere in India.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberAug 28, 2013

The Modi Idea of making a canopy of solar panels atop the rivers was brilliant. This has been a huge support in his development agenda. Speaking for US, economy wise they don't care if they waste alot. They could perhaps try to sell that extra power to other countries where it is needed.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Ramani Aswath

MemberAug 29, 2013

An update on costs of renewable energy:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register