The New Mozilla Firefox - I Hate it !

I used to have on my pc firefox 3.6 ...is the best browser for me! From mistake when I opened the browser they asked me if I want to update it...from mistake I clicked on Yes. Now if I have more opened tabs and I want to close my pc and review the websites later, I cant choose anymore "Save and Quit" ๐Ÿ˜” ..so I have to save the web addresses manually in a text document. Bad thing.

Another bad thing is that I used to use some firefox addons like Google Global, which now doesn't work anymore. I hate the new Mozilla Firefox

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I hate it too. It crashes all the time. I didn't use Chrome or Safari earlier, but now I have to shift to it.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Even chrome crashes many times, when I log in to some online exam sites.

The issue has not cropped up for sometime. I think google has upgraded chrome. Go for chrome. It is smooth and good. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    @Paul:

Initially I hated the absence of this feature too.. In fact, the ability to save your open tabs and close it and get back to it later was one of my most favorite features in Firefox.

But in Firefox 4, that option sadly was not there. Or, so it seems.. But you can make these simple modifications in Firefox's about:config page to get that feature back.

1. Type about:config into the location bar and press enter
    2. Accept the warning message that appears, you will be taken to a list of preferences
    3. Locate the preference browser.tabs.warnOnClose, if its value is set to false, double-click on it to change its value to true
    4. Also, for these 3 preferences browser.warnOnQuit, browser.warnOnRestart and browser.showQuitWarning, if it's set to false, double click and change it to true.
    That's all. You are done. When you close Firefox the next time, it will ask to save your tabs.
    I still love Firefox, although I also use Chrome. And I love Firefox so much that I won't leave it for such silly reasons.. I would rather try and fix whatever seems to be a problem to me. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    In fact, most of the problems you face with any version of Firefox can be fixed with a simple search in Mozilla forums.

#-Link-Snipped-#

You can tweak Firefox to an amazing degree to do what you want to do in the way you want to do it. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Firefox 4 is a disaster. Even on my Windows 7, the performance is pathetic. I didn't really investigate the issue, but looks like FF 3.x was much better than FF4.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    A little while ago, I read it ๐Ÿ˜€ #-Link-Snipped-#reat interview I must say, it is about Mozilla's Jonathan Nightingale ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    I hate it too, whenever i give a print command my mozilla get crashed
  • Jean Colley
    Jean Colley
    Developer only use firefox but general people used chrome for surfing.
  • Paul.
    Paul.
    Thank you silverscorpion. I tested and it works, as you said. But my problem was solved easier accessing this link: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    By the way, Mozilla pushed another update few hours ago. Have you updated your FFs? I'm on chrome so didn't try it out.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends dis s nagashree studying engineering in ece branch(5th sem) i am planning to do some project related to communication system bt ours is the 1st batch in our...
here is a memorable picture of myself being the only guest online! Love this photo.
please send placement paers of honeywell to my mail
Mozilla has just released firefox 7 - Firefox 7 Download & Upgrade. What's New? - CrazyEngineers . Mozilla promises huge improvements in memory management which was a pain in the...
Huawei Introduces New Android Gingerbread Phone โ€“ The Honor - CrazyEngineers SeaStead States Concept To Be Funded By Peter Thiel, Paypal Co-Founder - CrazyEngineers Micromax A85 Features, Tech Specs, Review...