The Cassette Walkman retires after 30 long years

I am sure, most or all of us has used a Classic Cassette Walkman (introduced by Sony) some years ago.

After 30 long years of the advent of Walkmans, Sony has halted the manufacture and distribution of this now-obsolete technology: the cassette Walkman, the first ever low-cost, portable music player.

The decline of the cassette Walkman is attributed primarily to the explosive popularity of CD players in the '90s.

This announcement was delivered just one day ahead of the iPod's ninth anniversary on October 23. 😎

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The iPods killed the Cassette Walkmans 😔 .I'll miss them.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Oh! I love the cassette player a lot 😀

I used to carry it with me in my +2!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Inspired by the open-source 3D printer MakerBot, this machine is made of more than 2,400 bricks and runs on three NXT Intelligent Bricks and nine NXT motors. A PC running...
The Monster Meter is monster detection in the palm of your hands. Now you can scan any room and verify if there are monsters hiding in that room or if...
Ray Ozzie, Microsoft's CTO who stepped down last week after taking the position of Chief Software Architect from Bill Gates in 2008, is leaving Microsoft in next few months. Ray...
In what that we could consider as a significant security breach, Internet search engine Google has admitted spying on computer passwords and entire emails from households in Britain. It's clear...
VLC Media Player, an app that lets you watch videos in several formats that aren't natively supported by the iPhone, has arrived in Apple's iTunes store. The app originated on...