The best operating sytems????

Which operating systems are considered to be the best,its just a basic question..maybe even a stupid one..

A new comrade............

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Depends on your expectations from the OS.

Home Use - Windows, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat etc.

Gaming - Windows

Server side, system level operations - Unix, Solaris etc.

-The Big K-
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Office use - Windows (if you are into more use of Office suite)
    Techie use - Any Linux distro would do, I prefer Ubuntu
    Gaming - Windows or Ubuntu + Wine or Ubuntu + Cedega is as good (if not better than Windows). A properly configged Wine on Ubuntu has been known to give better performance than Windows on the same h/w.
    Enterprise side - FC distro, CentOS
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Hey found you allas! Where were you?? WARNING OFFTOPIC: What about the CE messenger??? What about having a chat system. /OFFTOPIC

Yea both Biggie and kid are right. It depends on your needs and patience. And we already had a hot discussion on the same topic before, search it, interesting one.

PS: I am working on th4e chat thingy...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi........ To Everybody....... Myself Priyesh Kumar....a Graduate Electrical Engineer.... Friends, I Have Started A New Thread Under Ideas And Discussions.... Topic Is 'employment And Infrastructure Newwws Channel' Please Do Response.............
CEans, Many of your complained that we do not have 'About CrazyEngineers' on our main page. So here we go - About CrazyEngineers https://www.crazyengineers.com/index.php?categoryid=30 Your task is to go through...
can anybody suggest me any topic on which i can deliever decent enough seminar.besides it shuld not b that tough even i can't understand that.😀
Hello Friends!!! I am working in Embedded Systems and am eager to work on ARM7TDMI but i am unaware about how to prepare a target board so that i can...
Okay, don't get frightened by the title 😲 I've been scratching my head since past two weeks & nothing seems to pop up in my brain. The best thing to...