Suggest some good magazines or books to spend my free time useful...

Hi CEans..

Basically I have good interest in business,entrepreneurship,politics,current happenings..
I dont know the names of the good magazines and books to buy..Can somebody post some names of good magazines and books and their specialty and post the rate too if possible,if you post about the weekly magazines it would be more useful

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For business I'd recommend: Business World, Business Today
    Entrepreneurship: Entrepreneur Magazine
    Politics & Current Happenings: Newspaper is the best.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    What about technology related magazines? Does any one know about them? Especially mechanical related stuff?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For mechanical, I recommend online magazine: Popular Mechanics. It's more of a DIY, Automation, Projects related magazine. I doubt they cover hardcore mechanical engineering stuff.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yes Biggie,
    Thanks but you have already told me that. I am a regular reader online. But I wanted to know some other. Anyways thanks for everything. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Reader's Digest or Time Magazine
    and
    Civil Engineering Magazine
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    Thanks for the inputs..
  • eship4me
    eship4me
    Hi!

I'm new to this forum and am also share an interest in entrepreneurship books. Have you checked these series out by startupadvisor? Home - Startup Advisor I flipped through a few and found them like good cliff notes.

Hope this helps.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    eship4me
    Hi!

I'm new to this forum and am also share an interest in entrepreneurship books. Have you checked these series out by startupadvisor? Home - Startup Advisor I flipped through a few and found them like good cliff notes.

Hope this helps.
    Good to hear that. We've a dedicated section for entrepreneurship & startups here: #-Link-Snipped-# ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    One more
    Competition success review. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • eship4me
    eship4me
    The_Big_K
    Good to hear that. We've a dedicated section for entrepreneurship & startups here: #-Link-Snipped-# ๐Ÿ˜€

Hi, thank you for the warm welcome! It's nice to have a dedicated section for engineering entrepreneurs! Looking forward to participating.
  • Reya
    Reya
    Career360, Information week,Advance Edge,DataQuest,Readers Digest,Industrial automation are some of my favourite magazines!!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Praveena can we have its online subscription for free? or do we have to subscribe for its hard copy? Anything for mechanical?

Biggie suggested some good magazines no doubt but do you know some more other than popular mechanics?
  • Reya
    Reya
    You have to subscribe for hard copy๐Ÿ˜€

I have read Industrial automation alone ๐Ÿ˜”

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends, you all must have seen cameras in old movies. It used to be like a black-box coveredwith a black cloth. If this is not enough the photographer himself...
Facebook has acquired the mobile app development, deployment and maintenance company SNAPTU for $70 million. TechCrunch broke the story. Facebook had partnered with SNAPTU few months ago to develop rich...
TRAI has continued its tradition and indefinitely delayed the decision on No SPAM policy. Here's what the document says - DoT vide letter No. 16-5/2009-AS.III/(Vol. IV) dated 31st January, 2011...
hey hii..this is my 1st post..i am a 3rd year ece student..i wanted to know what magazines should i read or download in order to be updated with whats happening...
Aspirants of both the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations (WBJEE) and the Delhi pre-medical test might have to choose one as the WBJEE has been postponed from April 17 to...