CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Jyothi Jo • 01 Jun, 2012
I am a beginner of vlsi designing field could you suggest me the basic and best books as i could understand from the fundamentals needed.
@Harshad Italiya • 01 Jun, 2012
Jyothi Jo
I am a beginner of vlsi designing field could you suggest me the basic and best books as i could understand from the fundamentals needed.
www.books.google.co.in/books/about/Principles_of_CMOS_VLSI_design.html?id=UiBTAAAAMAAJ we used to refer this book.
@Ankita Katdare • 02 Jun, 2012 Here are some other author names too -

1. Cmos Vlsi Design: A Circuits And Systems Perspective, 3/E by Weste Neil H.E., David Hurris
2. Principles CMOS VLSI Design by Weste H.E
3. Basic VLSI design: systems and circuits by Douglas A. Pucknell, Kamran Eshraghian
4. Introduction To Vlsi Circuits And Systems by Jhon.P. Uyemura
@sen n thakkar • 04 Jun, 2012 for practical purpose , pedroni is best..and for theory purpose s.cang is so good.
@Guru Karthik • 13 Jun, 2012 • 2 likes For a beginner Neil Weste is realy good. But I would suggest you go for video lectures as well. Check the ones by Jan M. Rabaey of UCB on youtube.

Analog vlsi by Razavi is a good one but a bit advanced. Also Verilog by Palnitkar and VHDL by J.Bhaskar since these are integral parts of vlsi design.
@Er.Saumil • 17 Jun, 2012
Jyothi Jo
To learn fundamentals in VLSI a book authered by "Sung-Mo-Kang" is good.
@Reya • 17 Jun, 2012 • 1 like
Few books mentioned by Anna University.
TEXT BOOKS
1. D.A.Pucknell, K.Eshraghian, ‘Basic VLSI Design’, 3rd Edition, Prentice Hall of India, NewDelhi, 2003.
2. Eugene D.Fabricius, ‘Introduction to VLSI Design’, Tata McGraw Hill, 1990.

REFERENCES
1. N.H.Weste, ‘Principles of CMOS VLSI Design’, Pearson Education, India, 2002.
2. Charles H.Roth, ‘Fundamentals of Logic Design’, Jaico Publishing House, 1992.
3. Zainalatsedin Navabi, ‘VHDL Analysis and Modelling of Digital Systems’, 2n
Edition, Tata McGraw Hill, 1998.
4. Douglas Perry, ‘VHDL Programming By Example’, Tata McGraw Hill, 3rdEdition.2007.
5. Parag K.Lala, ‘Digitl System Design using PLD’, BS Publications, 2003.

4.2k views

Related Posts

@meeraar · Aug 8, 2008

Can U Please Suggest A Relevant Topic In Image Processing Using Matlab
3k views

@Chirayu Samarth · Feb 4, 2015

The Chinese mobile manufacturer, Lenovo had launched Sisley S90 back in November, last year in China. And now, the iPhone 6-lookalike smartphone has been reportedly launched in India. To remind...
2.1k views

@divyankdhumas · Jan 12, 2010

suggest me topic for paper presentation,related to my branch i.e. petrochemical,topic can be on various modern techniques for extraction of petrochemicals from crude.
2.7k views

@atul-namdeo · Nov 2, 2013

please tell me how to do preparation for Mahindra Auto Quiz..
8.7k views

@EDDY · Jul 28, 2009

Can some explain me the concept of gyroscopic couple and is there any good project on it, plz help me with some examples in general life??????
10k views