stresses on inclined plane

sir,
i have got one silly doubt maybe that due to i am not so good in trigonometry.
My question is of forces on inclined plane while deriving stresses on an inclined plane.
Please find my question in attached file and try to respond as soon as possible.

thanks,
Vicky.

Replies

• omprakash patil
    omprakash patil
    Fn= Normal Stress i.e. perpendicular to plane
    Fs= Tangential stress or shear stress i.e. parallel to plane
    And Fn and Fs is perpendicular to each other where F is resultant stress so using Pythagoras Theorem
    F =√(Fn^2+Fs^2)
    And theta = tan inverse ( Fs/Fn)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Xiaomi has been a success in India there is no doubt about it. It started off its journey with flash sales of its dirt-cheap yet powerful smartphone exclusively on Flipkart....
I'm looking for recommendations for a split air conditioner with 2 Ton capacity and 5-star energy consumption rating. Is there any specific factor I should pay attention to while making...
Facebook has always been trying to get more and more people on its platform. One of the biggest hurdles it is facing in doing so is spotty internet connection is...
It's going to be an interesting battle of the smartphones in India on October 7. Rivals Samsung and Apple will announce their flagship phones, Galaxy Note 7 and iPhone 7...
As it turns out Nokia is busy planning its return to the smartphone business just as the non-compete clause draws to an end this month. You see when Microsoft acquired...