Stadiums around the World

This thread is dedicated to all the stadiums in every place around the world.
Post any stadium in this thread and say something about it...its technical details, amazing design or its uniqueness from other stadium.😀

Replies

• maria flor
    maria flor
    Kaohsiung National Stadium
    Capacity: 55,000 (With Expansion Seats)
    40,000 (Regular Seat)

[​IMG]

Currently the largest stadium in Taiwan in terms of its capacity. It has a semi spiral-shaped, like a dragon. It is the first solar-powered stadium in the world.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    the georgia dome in USA.
    It has uniqueness to it. It is not made using full concrete or full steel. It is the world̢۪s first large-scale oval dome. It is made using light weight fabrics and is made to stay stiff by using some tensegrity structures.
    it has some awesome new stuff we can learn.
    check out this: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    (New) Wembley Stadium
    The largest European football/soccer arena in the world consist of 90,000 seats, 436ft arch that will support 5,000 tons of the 7,000-ton movable roof — a structural solution that eliminates the need for pillars that could obscure visitors' views. With a span of 315 meters, the arch will be the longest single-span roof structure in the world and will be visible from all parts of London.The stadium includes two giant video screens, each roughly the size of 600 TV sets.
    wembley stadium
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Beijing National Stadium popularly know as Bird's Nest
    This stadium was used during 2008 Summer Olympics and Paralympics in Beijing, China. The stadium has a 24-hr/day rainwater collector which is located near the stadium. The water is then purified and being used throughout and around the stadium.By means of pipes which is placed under the playing surface gather heat in the winter to warm the stadium and coldness in the summer to cool the stadium.
    [​IMG]
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    THE SOCCER CITY STADIUM(2010 FIFA World Cup)
    [​IMG]
    * Coordinates: 26° 14′ 5″ S, 27° 58′ 56″ E
    * Capacity: 94 500 seats (88 430 permanent)
    * Cost: R3.3-billion (US$ 440-million)
    * Architect: Boogertman Urban Edge
    * Contractor: Grainaker-LTA / Interbeton joint venture
    * Upgrade began: 1 February 2007
    * World Cup matches: 8
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    THE CAPE TOWN STADIUM (2010 FIFA World Cup)
    [​IMG]
    * Alternate name: Green Point Stadium
    * Coordinates: 33° 54′ 12″ S, 18° 24′ 40″ E
    * Capacity: 66 000 seats (55 000 permanent)
    * Cost: R4.4-billion ($600-million)
    * Architect: GMP Architects
    * Contractor: Murray & Roberts / WBHO joint venture
    * Construction began: March 2007
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    THE NELSON MANDELA BAY STADIUM (2010 FIFA World Cup)
    [​IMG]
    * Location: Port Elizabeth (Nelson Mandela Bay municipality), Eastern Cape province
    * Coordinates: 33° 56′ 16″ S, 25° 35′ 56″ E
    * Capacity: 46 082 seats (42 000 permanent)
    * Cost: R2.05-billion (US$270-million)
    * Architect: Architectural Design Associates / Dominic Bonnesse Architects
    * Contractor: Grinaker-LTA / Interbeton / Ibhayi joint venture
    * Construction began: March 2007
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    THE ROYAL BAFOKENG STADIUM(2010 FIFA World Cup)
    [​IMG]
    * Coordinates: 25° 34′ 42.96″ S, 27° 9′ 38.52″ E
    * Capacity: 44 530 seats
    * Architect: BSP Architects
    * Contractor: No main contractor
    * Construction began: September 2007
    * World Cup matches: 6
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    THE DURBAN STADIUM (2010 FIFA World Cup)
    [​IMG]
    * Alternate name: Moses Mabhida Stadium
    * Coordinates: 29º 49' 46" S, 31º 01' 49" E
    * Capacity: 69 957 seats (54 000 permanent)
    * Cost: R3.4-billion ($450-million)
    * Architect: iBhola Lethu
    * Contractor: Group 5 / WBHO / Pandev joint venture
    * Construction began: October 2008
    * World Cup matches: 7
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Wembley Stadium
    [​IMG]
    This is a football stadium located in Wembley Park, in the Borough of Brent, London, England. The stadium's signature feature is a circular section lattice arch of 7m.(23 ft) internal diameter with a 315 m (1,033 ft) span, erected some 22° off true, and rising to 133 m (436 ft). This stadium has a capacity of 90,000.
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Olympic Stadium (London)
    The London Olympic Stadium[/B] is the centerpiece of the 2012 Summer Olympics and Paralympics. This stadium is located at Marshgate Lane in Stratford in the Lower Lea Valley. It has a capacity of approximately 80,000. A cable supported roof structure will cover approximately two thirds of the stadium's seating. There will be no food outlets inside the 80,000-seat arena, which reduces the need for kitchens and higher levels of fire protection associated with cooking.
    [​IMG]
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Nanjing Olympic Sports Center
    This stadium is located in Nanjing Hexi New City which covers an area of 89.6 hectares and has total construction area of about 401,000 square meters. This will be the main venue of the 2014 Summer Youth Olympics and of the 10th National Games of the People's Republic of China. It has a capacity of 60,000 spectators.
    [​IMG]
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Melbourne Cricket Ground
    This is located in Yarra Park, Melbourne, Australia. It is the tenth largest stadium in the world and holds the world record for the highest light towers at any sporting venue with a capacity of 100,018 (includes standing room).
    [​IMG]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans ! Placements are near the corner. So in this thread we can share our knowledge covering each Power machine , its performance charactertistics , its construction and the...
hello friends,i am new here. i am a third year mechanical engg student . i am confused about my career. i am interested in hydraulics and pneumatics. please suggest me...
A very weird and crazy question: Situation is a Glucon-D packet and Normal cooking Rice(not cooked) both open is kept in the same shelf. Where will the ants get collected....
Hi CEans, I am a beginner to SQL Server 2008 Administration part. I was going through a video tutorial, in which it was told that for running each service of...
Dear Engineers: I have a kvar meter...an analogue one...which is counting i beleive more Kvar than the real consumed one. It is counting about 8400 Kvar A DAY!!!although a power...