Spice S - 1200 12 MP Camera Phone Reviews & Price In India

Let's take a look at the Spice S-1200 camera that boasts of a 12 mega pixel camera with a CCD sensor. 12 MP Camera with Professional CCD Sensor. This phone is out and out a photographer's phone. With this phone in your hands, you won't need a digital camera/camcorder. Let's take a look at other camera features this phone offers.
Spice-S-1200 3X Optical Zoom + 9X Digital Zoom
This phone supports optical zoom upto 3x and digital zoom upto 9x. What this means is, the lense itself will adjust to make the distant object about 3 times larger and if you continue to zoom further, the digital zoom will kick in. The digital zoom enlarges the object further upto 9 times. What matters more is the 3x optical zoom than 9x digital zoom. Also, be alerted that the picture quality will drastically reduce if you click shots with zoom. Any minor shake will blur the photo. This comes from my experience. If you're zooming - you need VERY STEADY hands or a tripod. However, you can't easily mouth this phone over a tripod.

Multiple Face Detection
This feature is a de-facto feature in many 5MP+ camera phones. WHat it does is detects the human face in the photograph to be taken and adjusts the brightness, contrast settings automatically to give you optimal photo.

Smile Shutter
I personalyl use this feature a lot in my Sony Digicam. This feature first detects the face and waits for the person being photographed to smile. As soon as 'smile' is detected, the camera clicks the snap . No need to worry about getting perfect 'smiling' shots

Auto Focus
Auto focus is a useful feature that saves you lot of time focusing your lense for a perfect shot. Everything is handled automatically by this phone.

Anti-shake
I bet you will need this. It's impossible to have a perfectly steady, professional-like hand while clicking photographs. Anti-shake adjusts the shutter speed and clicks photos without blurring the images. Very useful in removing the 'ghosting' of photos.

Xenon Flash
Xenon flash is powerful and not very heavy on the battery. Very handy.

32 GB Expandable Memory
32 GB MicroSD card is rapidly becoming an industry standard now. This phone lets you add a 32GB microSD card.

TV Out with Cable
The phone has TV Out port that lets you connect your mobile directly to the TV to view clicked photographs and videos.

Stereo Bluetooth:
This feature lets you connect your phone with a stereo headset and listen to music over your bluetooth stereo headset.

Advanced Modes
• Manual/Auto/Multi Focus
• Macro Mode for Close Ups
• 24 Preset Capture Modes including Text Capture Mode

Despite having a very good camera - this phone cannot capture HD videos! The max supported resolution for videos is Up to 24.5 fps / motion jpeg 640 X 480 max )

With excellent camera features, the phone would have been complete with other regular smartphone features and 3G connectivity. However, I'm disappointed by the fact that this phone is not 3G ready. Also, the phone has 2.4" screen without S-LCD or SAMOLED, which isn't very impressive.

Of course, the phone is JAVA enabled and you can download & install games and applications.

Price & Verdict: As I said earlier, this phone is a photographer's phone that has an excellent camera that can capture great still photos. However, the absense of HD recording is a big disappointment for me. Also, there is no 3G network support so you can't really think of uploading your photos and videos directly to the social networking sites. For a price tag of Rs. 16990, this phone isn't a very good buy. You might want to consider other options available for similar price that have plenty of great features!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Spice telecom has launched Full QWERTY Keyboard, QT-56. Let's look at the key features this phone has and whether the phone is worth the price. Spice telecom is foraying into...
please can anyone let me know the popular events going to happen in delhi or western uttar pradesh????? will be very thankful for your help.................
Hey, I just want to suggest this idea! How about having podcast facility on crazyengineers. By creating a podcast, you are not only making CE more enjoyable site, but also...
can anyone explain me about feed back circuits ???
For muscle movement detection can i use EMG electrode..? I wana get a small voltage when i move my arm.... how should i go abt it..? plz help...