Spice QT-56 Dual SIM (GSM/CDMA) Reviews & Price In India

Spice telecom has launched Full QWERTY Keyboard, QT-56. Let's look at the key features this phone has and whether the phone is worth the price.

Spice telecom is foraying into the Indian mobile market with a vigor. The company has launched Spice QT 56 model that has full QWERTY keypad along with -

Spice-QT-56-MobileFlexi DUAL (GSM/CDMA+GSM)
Many phones have GSM/GSM option or CDMA/CDMA option. However, it is a great advantage to have GSM/CDMA option. Supported: GSM 900/1800, CDMA 800

DATA on CDMA
You can enjoy faster downloads on your mobile and surf various sites like youTube, flickr, ibibo and others.

2.2” TFT LCD
The 2.2" screen is bright and supports resolution upto 176 * 220. However, ever since I've witnessed the magic of Super AMOLED, everything else looks dull to my eyes.

Digital Camera with Video record & Play
This phone isn't meant to click high quality photos. The camera is plain VGA that supports upto 640 X 480 resolution. A big 'minus' when it comes to capturing videos or photographs. I think the phone could have done pretty well with a 3MP camera. Of course, there is an option to save your photos, videos directly to the SD card. One remarkable feature about this phone is that it's got night vision - that lets you view in dark!

Expandable Memory
There is support for MicroSD card upto 4GB. There's no official word from the company about the internal memory of this phone. I'm disappointed by the limited memory storage. The world is moving fast towards 16 and 31 GB storage in phones. So be careful if you're planning to keep this phone for long time. You might feel 'outdated' in an year or so.

Bluetooth
This phone supports Bluetooth 2.1, which does a decent job of transferring files to and fro from other bluetooth devices like Laptop or mobile phones.

Wireless FM with recording
The FM recording facility allows the users to record their favorite song/jingle playing on FM directly on the SD card. Very good facility and many people use it very frequently. However, be aware that with just 4GB of expandable storage, you might run out of space very soon. If you're heavily into music, maybe you should consider other options by the same company.

MP3 Player
The MP3 player does a fine job and the sound from the headphones is crisp. However, absense of graphic equalizer may put down many music freaks. The bass is 'okay' and does not impress much. Well, I might be expecting too much from this phone.

Torch
This application turns this device's inbuilt LED flash into a torch. Comes very handy while opening car doors in a dark basement or at night. Of course this drains the battery very fast!

Battery Life:
I don't have much information about the battery life. If anyone's got some information about it, please feel free to post it in this thread.

Verdict:
This phone is available in the market for a price of Rs. . 4,799. The torch app, MP3, and Dual SIM (GSM/CDMA) go in favor of this phone while limited expandable memory and poor camera go against this phone. However, the biggest drawback is absence of 3G support, which is rapidly becoming an important feature in India.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

please can anyone let me know the popular events going to happen in delhi or western uttar pradesh????? will be very thankful for your help.................
Hey, I just want to suggest this idea! How about having podcast facility on crazyengineers. By creating a podcast, you are not only making CE more enjoyable site, but also...
can anyone explain me about feed back circuits ???
For muscle movement detection can i use EMG electrode..? I wana get a small voltage when i move my arm.... how should i go abt it..? plz help...
i want to make hydraulic arms for an autonomous robot.what's the best mechanism to do so.i have thought of hydraulic arms but since it is automatic i have thought of...