Sony's new E-Reader takes on "Kindle" & "Nook" Tablets

On Thursady 16th August 2012, Sony announced its new eReader awkwardly named PRS-T2R.
Veterans claims that Sony's eReader thoroughly dominated Kindle & Nook. But the competition is gonna be tough for Sony as eReader is costly than Kindle touch & Nook simple touch.
Also, Sony lacks the powerhouse of books like Kindle & Nook.

PRS-T2R comes with 6-inch touchscreen with 600x800 pixels screen. weighing at 164 grams & will run for 2 months on single charge with Wi-Fi turned off.This digital reader connects to Sony's reader store supporting pdf & epub. ePub , an open standard self-publishing is something Kindle was lacking, also a SD card slot can be attraction.

PRS-T2R is prices $129, while Nook simple touch is $99 & Amazon's Kindle with special ads is $99 & Kindle touch without ads is $139 i.e $10 more than PRS-T2R.

PRS-T2R gets social with Facebook pre-installed.

0816_sonyereader_1000-660x470

Amazon's online store is beast; it will be tough competition for Sony.

Rumors are within a month or two PRS-T2R might lower its price to $99.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not a fan of e-readers or tablets for reading book. Call me old-school; but nothing really beats the touch and feel of a book.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Hard copies >>> EReaders, Period.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

During my engineering days, engineering mathematics was one of the 'most difficult' subjects a student had to crack. The subject was 'boring' and 'tough' at the same time making it...
Hi My Dear Friends, I have allocated PG DAC course for CDAC Chennai.But I have a lot of questions about CDAC Chennai.Is CDAC Chennai a good institute? Can any one...
Mr. and Mrs. Sharma are going for tour. Mr. and Mrs. Sharma has 9 sons and 6 daughters, all of 'em married. Out of 9 sons of Sharma, 5 sons...
Tell me about instrumentation project of 5th sem which i will make in this same?
Hello CEans! A million thanks for the warm welcome specially to the admin's . I'm a newbie here who's been accidentally found this site ๐Ÿ˜ . I'm looking forward to...