Sony Xperia Ion Priced At Rs 36999 in India

In India, it's the mighty Samsung that's leading the Android smartphone game. But Sony's still in the race with the Xperia model. Sony had recently launched Xperia Ion in India at a price of Rs. 36999. The phone is definitely on the higher side of the budgets for most of the tech savvy folks. Let's take a look at what's inside the phone.

The Xperia Ion features a 4.6" TFT touchscreen display. The display does a great job of rendinering the GUI elements. The mobile BRAVIA engine powers the mobile and makes sure the flow between screens is smooth. The phone features Google's Android ICS (4.0) operating system. A dual-core processor powers the phone. The ion has about 16 GB of internal memory which can be extended up to 32 GB via micro SD card. Ion boasts of 1GB of RAM.

On the camera front, the Xperia ion offers 12 MP camera with 1080p video recording mode at 30 fps. The front camera, however is a VGA one that is only useful for video conference calls. The phone is at par with the competition in terms of connectivity and offers Bluetooth 3.0, HSPA, EDGE/GPRS, HDMI and Wi-Fi connectivity.

Quite impressive, right? Anyone of you willing to purchase this phone? Share your views.

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I am using galaxy S 2 since some time and liked it quite a bit.
    I bought sony Xperia mini for my brother around a year back, we did not not like that a lot. Speed, resolution and touch experience all three things are not as comparable to Galaxy (Though I should not compare one low end and one high end model); As i was expecting the touch to be more smoother.

Again, that was the experience with Xperia Mini, looking forward if Sony had improved the resolution and touch experience with the newer launch.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As we all know, that in modern cars, and in self-starting motorcycles, starter motors are used to start the engine, using electric power. Now the question is , how does...
ABSTRACT Recently, there is a widespread use of Web browser-based Web applications such as e-mails and chats. However, fre-quent communication between mobile wireless terminals and HTTP servers give rise to...
I am doing project on taking the college student attendence using rfid technology it needs rfid smart card reader. so give me the information about this project and price of...
now ma mind is like an empty CD drive..... hope it gets filled with CE
Hi all What are your english songs, the ones that were made between 1960 to 1980. I don't mean the songs which are made today, (especially by AKON). Share your...