Some Interview Questions frequently asked in Electrical Engineering Interviews

1. What types of CMOS memories have you designed? What were their size? Speed? Configuration Process technology?
  2. What work have you done on full chip Clock and Power distribution? What process technology and budgets were used?
  3. What types of I/O have you designed? What were their size? Speed? Configuration? Voltage requirements? Process technology? What package was used and how did you model the package/system? What parasitic effects were considered?
  4. What types of high speed CMOS circuits have you designed?
  5. What transistor level design tools are you proficient with? What types of designs were they used on?
  6. What products have you designed which have entered high volume production?
  7. What was your role in the silicon evaluation/product ramp? What tools did you use?
  8. If not into production, how far did you follow the design and why did not you see it into production?
Share more questions.

Replies

• limestone7000
    limestone7000
    i think in any interview, they'll first ask u which project have u done, and based on that, the questions will be thrown on ur face! lol

and the style of questions would be like u have put forward,
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    plz reply to this....is this is a MTech interview or a BTech?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    limestone7000
    i think in any interview, they'll first ask u which project have u done, and based on that, the questions will be thrown on ur face! lol

and the style of questions would be like u have put forward,
    Very True Limestone !

Most of the questions are based on the project you had done and they are asking from A to Z about the projects and then there are some questions on the field in which the company is working.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    One Basic Question,

What is the Defination of your Project? what was your roll in the project?
  • jerryvn01
    jerryvn01
    godfather
    One Basic Question,

What is the Defination of your Project? what was your roll in the project?
    Hi everybody,

I uploaded one file. But It can not display. I used internet explorer 8.0.

How can I repair? Or some problems happened to IE8?

I think i will post by link: Source: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Rgs
  • vegetablevn
    vegetablevn
    jerryvn01
    Hi everybody,

I uploaded one file. But It can not display. I used internet explorer 8.0.

How can I repair? Or some problems happened to IE8?

I think i will post by link: Source: Executive interview questions
    Rgs
    Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment and link. It's useful . It help me to think about my ideals.

[FONT="]Apart from that, this link below may be useful:[/FONT] #-Link-Snipped-#
    Tks again and pls keep posting.
  • garethjones
    garethjones
    Hi friends,

Please help me...!

After one month i have an interview. Please give me some tips..

Thanks
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • colakyngo
    colakyngo
    Hi,

I agreed with you. Any way, your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting. Tks and best regards

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: #-Link-Snipped-#

Best regards.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    yes these are project based question because i don't know answer for even 1 question
  • Chaitali Sumita
    Chaitali Sumita
    basically the first question which is being asked is about the project... like what's your project? what is your contribution in the project? did u face any kind of problem while doing the project? and more sorts of project related questions. but beware as you are an electrical student, they may ask you about the working of the appliances that may be prsent in the room.. like can you tell me how does this flouroscent lamp works??draw the internal circuit diagram of a bulb?? which motor is present in the fan?? does the fan rotates clockwise or anticlockwise?? and sometimes they may even ask from the subjects like electrical machines, power system , control system etc... so basically it depends upon the mood of the interviewer..
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @chaitali: those are very easy questions for a electrical student like me
  • Chaitali Sumita
    Chaitali Sumita
    @narayana : then its good for you... 😀
  • Ella Pacey
    Ella Pacey
    AbraKaDabra
    1. What types of CMOS memories have you designed? What were their size? Speed? Configuration Process technology?
    2. What work have you done on full chip Clock and Power distribution? What process technology and budgets were used?
    3. What types of I/O have you designed? What were their size? Speed? Configuration? Voltage requirements? Process technology? What package was used and how did you model the package/system? What parasitic effects were considered?
    4. What types of high speed CMOS circuits have you designed?
    5. What transistor level design tools are you proficient with? What types of designs were they used on?
    6. What products have you designed which have entered high volume production?
    7. What was your role in the silicon evaluation/product ramp? What tools did you use?
    8. If not into production, how far did you follow the design and why did not you see it into production?
    Share more questions.
    Let me add more:
    What is electromagnetic induction?
    It is the phenomenon where an electromotive force is produced by introducing a changing magnetic field to a conductor or by moving a conductor in a magnetic field
    How does a diode work?
    Diodes are two-terminal semiconductors that allow energy flow in one direction only.
    What are the semiconductors used transistors?
    Germanium, silicon, silicon carbide, gallium arsenide
    What is CMOS? What are its advantages?
    CMOS is Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor. Its advantages are increased noise immunity, decreased power consumption, less heat wastages.
    Do you have product design experience?
    This is a general question for most engineers where the interviewer tries to find some spots in your answer to question you back. It is to evaluate your knowledge in the design work done by you.
    What is Meissner effect?
    It is the phenomenon of a magnetic field being expelled from a superconductor.
    Explain superconductivity with examples.
    Superconductivity is a phenomenon where the conducting material shows zero resistivity and exhibits meissner effect. Superconductivity is observed at very low temperatures. The temperature below which a material exhibits superconductivity is called the critical temperature. Cuprate superconductors have found to show the property up to 92K. Mercury based cuprate superconductors show the property up to 130K.
    How many joules is 1 electronvolt?
    1 eV is 1.602176*(10^-19) joules
    How is a megawatt electrical different from a thermal megawatt?
    Megawatt electrical (MWe) indicates the electrical power generated, whereas thermal megawatt (MWt) indicates the thermal power generated.
    What is a vacuum circuit breaker?
    A vacuum circuit breaker is an automated switch that is used in protecting a circuit in case of overload. It interrupts current by using a vacuum container to create an arc and breaking it as a result of increase in dielectric strength.
    What is power factor?
    Power factor is the ratio of working power to apparent power.
    What s renewable energy? List some renewable energy sources.
    Renewable energy is the energy generated by using naturally restorable resources. Some renewable energy sources include solar, wind, tidal and geothermal energy. Biofuels produced from biomass is also classified as a renewable energy source.
    Explain the functioning of a solar cell.
    A solar cell converts energy from sunlight to electrical energy. The underlying principle is the photovoltaic effect. Solar cells are made using silicon crystals or silicon thin film wafers.
    Explain your team leading or team playing experience.
    Team leading or team playing experience is a major requirement in power generation plants. People as a part of a team in a power plant get major opportunities to learn in detail the operation and maintenance procedures. A team experience is a positive factor for recruiters.
    Hope this helps!
    Ella

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends. can anyone suggest me the best book for quantative aptitude for the 4th year students, B.tech ,ECE for aptitude exams during placement ?
At what time between 7 and 9 o'clock will the hands of a clock be in the same straight line but, not together? A. 5 min. past 7 B. 5*(2...
hi to all the engineers on CE. we know how to install xp on our system with a bootable cd.But many of peoples don't know how to install any operating...
hi friend's i want to share something with you, A day before, I am trying to pre-configure my Windows installation disc. I noticed that there is a file located in...
Hi, every one. from now I am joint in this forum. I hope every one of you can help me for my final project. 😛 ..... In this first moment...