Solution to Grid Blackout In India

The recent Massive Grid Blackout in India turned the world's attention to Electricity problems prevalent in this country. There were reports about India trying to focus on clean/green power (mostly solar projects). Today, I read this article about 10 Solar Projects that can help fight grid blackouts - #-Link-Snipped-# and was wondering if CEans can discuss some technical solutions to avoid such an unfortunate event in future.

What do you people think? What solutions can we offer?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Check this out : #-Link-Snipped-#
    Really impressive Solar project on Sanand branch canal of Sardar sarovar project.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    From what I read in newspapers, it has been figured out that the blackout happened because state electric boards were overdrawing power to satisfy the profound demand. I also read that 'smarter power grid' could be the solution to such a problem.
    The smart grid concept uses smart metering which is designed to manage consumption used at peak times, often by encouraging more off peak power by households and small businesses, therefore shifting the load.
    Is that the only solution? Also, what would it take to have smarter grids?

What do CEans suggest?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Without doubt, the Left-Handers are the awesomest people on the Earth. I stumbled upon an interesting 'finding' on the Internet about the handedness of American Presidents. Check - Herbert Hoover...
Can someone help me to make real time clock on 7 segments
A car with a weak battery can be started by this process using another car with a much stronger battery charge. this is done by connecting the two batteries and...
Can anyone please help me out with the below scenario. Def temp-table tt-temp field a as int field b as int field c as int field dt as date. Consider...
According to textual information this is Screen protector in liquid form. You need to apply on your gadget surface and takes 5 minute to settle to be usable as other...