CrazyEngineers
  • The Question is:

AbraKaDabra
    The 12th Question of the #-Link-Snipped-# is as follows -

[Worth 10 CE Coins]

Following is the forecast about the order of the positions in which some participants would finish a race.
    The chart below also indicates how correct the forecast was.
    The Question is : Who won the race? i.e. Who reached the finish line first?

NOTE: You have to tell us the approach you used to get the answer.

Race
    Solutions goes like this -

Forecast 1 has 3 of the 1st five position winners.
    Forecast 4, too, has 3 of the 1st five position winners.
    & Forecast 1 & 4, have exactly 1 participant 'B' in common.
    Hence all the 1st five winners are in Forecast 1 & 4 and B is one of them.

Thus, H & J are eliminated.

Suppose, D was one of the 1st five position winners. Then, because H is eliminated & from Forecast 2, each of F, G and E was not one of the 1st five position winners.
    Then, from Forecast 5, both A and C were among the 1st five position winners .
    But, from Forecast 1, this situation is impossible.. because B was one of the five and D was supposed to be one of the five.
    So, D was not among the 1st five position winners.

From Forecast 2 & 5, either A or C was one of the 1st five position winners.
    From Forecast 1, E was one of the 1st five position winners.

From Forecast 2, both F & G was not one of the 1st five position winners, because E was one of them and H & D were not.

From Forecast 4, both K & I were one of the 1st five position winners, because E was one of them and F & G were not.

Then, From Forecast 3, C was not one of the 1st five position winners, because both I & E were.

Then, From Forecast 1 & 5, A was one of the 1st five position winners because 6 of 11 entrants have been eliminated.

In summary,

B, E, K, I, A were the 1st five position winners.

From 3 & 5 -> A finished 4th.
    From 1 -> B finished 2nd & E finished 5th.
    From 4 -> K finished 3rd.

Hence I finished 1st! 😉

Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Home Channels Search Login Register