solar system in car

what are the difficulties in car when it is drived on solar system?

Replies

• ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    the main problem is power
    we have more power So we have to collect it.
    we have to reduce weight.
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    mahesh_mech
    what are the difficulties in car when it is drived on solar system?
    The power and storage.
    1. What is max power needs by the car?
    2. How much energy (storage) needs by the car? It's indicate how long your car can runs without solar energy.
  • gohm
    gohm
    True, currently solar power cannot provide enough energy to power a production vehicle. Currently experimental solar craft are extremely small and lightweight with limited weight capacity. More efficient pv cells are needed as first priority followed by batteries. An automobile requires a large amount of watts for locomotion.
  • din_Power Engg
    din_Power Engg
    The Problem is acceleration here.....the modern day transport system needs vehicles with sudden acceleration and decelerations.....the solar vehicle runs in a simple electrical motor of suitable capacity powered by batteries which inturn get power from the solar cells.....so at constant speed the vehicle will be good enough with some limitations like speed, distance moved,etc.... but if u want to accelerate or decelerate, the batteries shall not be able disburse the additional power required for the purpose of acceleration or can suddenly reduce the power that is required for deceleration, which makes the choices tricky........The solar vehicles can be a reality, only if a sophisticated system is developed to address this purpose and a technology by which the solar cells and the batteries are accomdated in less space....
  • gohm
    gohm
    A good sollution for that would be regenerative brakes with capacitors. Unlike a battery, caps can completely discharge and re-charge rapidly. This would give a quick boost for accelerating from a stop. This setup is used in the Fzero hydrogen formula car concept.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Does anyone have any idea about the written and the interviews conducted by the IIIT ALLAHABAD for the entrance in "Wireless Communication And Computing" for MTech. If possible some one...
Hey CEans, When your writing a program in C++ and an error pops up when your compiling your program leaving you wondering what the error is and scratched your head,...
Hi friends, a few days back i heard that there are sites where we can find Java projects which are not completed but are left for us to complete. i...
I wanted your take on this guys. How many of us s take time out and decisively plan our careers ahead?
I am not sure how many of you are awared of it but cool information for people interested in robotics. right ? 😀 Check following links: Tokyo school to host...