Solar paint Concept

What is solar paint, is it available commercialy ?

Replies

• aarthivg
    aarthivg
    pknaveen17
    What is solar paint, is it available commercialy ?
    solar paint is a compound which absorb the sun’s energy and transfer it to home.
    The #-Link-Snipped-# paint is made of quantum dots, which are power-producing nano-particles that is titanium dioxide coated with either cadmium sulfide or cadmium selenide. The quandum dots are suspended in a water-alcohol mixture and made into a spreadable compound. It can be spread in one coat onto any conductive surface, collecting energy without any special equipment.

i hope its not commercially available because it gives conservation yield of 1% only.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's interesting. Does anyone here know how the whole thing works? I remember reading about solar paint being used on mobile phones to make them chargeable through solar power. However, Nokia recently confirmed through tests that Solar Mobiles are far from being commercially available for mass markets.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    That's interesting. Does anyone here know how the whole thing works? I remember reading about solar paint being used on mobile phones to make them chargeable through solar power. However, Nokia recently confirmed through tests that Solar Mobiles are far from being commercially available for mass markets.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    It is Nick named Sunbelievable! Developed by University of Notre Dame. I think presently it can only be used as an aid to various electrical appliances and not as a fully fledged technology.
    Wrote something about it #-Link-Snipped-# 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It is curious that manufacturers aim to increase efficiency of electrical goods so that less energy is wasted. This laudable aim increases availability of power. Consumers become profligate and tend...
I am sure that most CEans use this. In case there are some new to this, TED is a source for triggering the imagination in multi-disciplinary fields. https://www.gea-consulting.com/our-b...eative-Stimulating-Educational-Speaker-Videos
Prakrust 2k12 is a National Level Technical Symposium organized by Smt. S. R Patel Engineering College, Mehsana. Events: Exhibition Paper Presentation Documentraty Robo Race Robo Fight Aqua Race Quiz Circuit...
Bramha 12 is a national level techno cultural fest organized by Adi Shanakara Institute of Engineering and Technology, Ernakulam. Events: Aavishkara Navapravarthana Chakravyuha Kurukshetra Rekha Anuyayin Junkyard Wars Anvik- Thanthra...
Texplosion 2k12 is a Technical Fest organized by Malla Reddy Institute of Technology, Secunderabad. Te globalized and computerized world seeks the emerging trends of Super power of technologies. Which make...