Software Testing Course For Freshers - Effective Or Not?

i have joined one software testing course in order to get placed in a company as i m a fresher.....kindly tell me m i going in a right direction.....

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, @#-Link-Snipped-# . Given your background in Electronics & Telecommunications engineering (non CS/IT); software testing would be good course to get started. However, whether you'll get placed will totally depend on the placement assistance provided by the institute you've joined. I'm sure you must have checked their placement track record.

Once you're done with the basic course in testing; I'd recommend you to ensure that you get exposure to software automation along with some expertise in a scripting language like PERL. It'd help if you could make yourself familiar with UNIX operating system.

Once that is done; you should look at obtaining a testing related certification and start applying for jobs.

I hope that will help you get started. If you have further questions, please feel free to post them below.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    For testing field, training is required.
    Most companies are moving to automated testing and if a fresher have little working knowledge then it's a big plus.

Edit:
    As far I have seen, VB script is mostly being used. You should practice the VB programming
    Some of them also use C++.
  • tanvi91jain
    tanvi91jain
    Anoop Kumar
    For testing field, training is required.
    Most companies are moving to automated testing and if a fresher have little working knowledge then it's a big plus.

Edit:
    As far I have seen, VB script is mostly being used. You should practice the VB programming
    Some of them also use C++.
    do i need to learn any programming languages like C++ or JAVA....??? since ma m frm electronics stream....
  • tanvi91jain
    tanvi91jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, @#-Link-Snipped-# . Given your background in Electronics & Telecommunications engineering (non CS/IT); software testing would be good course to get started. However, whether you'll get placed will totally depend on the placement assistance provided by the institute you've joined. I'm sure you must have checked their placement track record.

Once you're done with the basic course in testing; I'd recommend you to ensure that you get exposure to software automation along with some expertise in a scripting language like PERL. It'd help if you could make yourself familiar with UNIX operating system.

Once that is done; you should look at obtaining a testing related certification and start applying for jobs.

I hope that will help you get started. If you have further questions, please feel free to post them below.
    ma institute is good... joined last week only....dey will b teaching automation aftr a month once manual testing will b done.... but still i think i need to work out more inorder to get placed in a good company since i havent appeared fr any interview till nw...do lemme knw hw shud i proceed with d interview preparations...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For testing - you will not need knowledge of C++ or JAVA; but if you have some knowledge of programming, it will help you pick up scripting languages or languages like Ruby for automation testing.

Could you write down the course contents (for automation) so that we can have a review?

There are few excellent resources in our Downloads section which you may refer:-

#-Link-Snipped-#

and

#-Link-Snipped-#

Here's a big list of most commonly asked Software (Manual) Testing Interview questions.
  • tanvi91jain
    tanvi91jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For testing - you will not need knowledge of C++ or JAVA; but if you have some knowledge of programming, it will help you pick up scripting languages or languages like Ruby for automation testing.

Could you write down the course contents (for automation) so that we can have a review?

There are few excellent resources in our Downloads section which you may refer:-

#-Link-Snipped-#

and

#-Link-Snipped-#

Here's a big list of most commonly asked Software (Manual) Testing Interview questions.
    thank you so much sir... i will let you know about the contents of automation testing.... n your suggested links are very useful to me...thanks once again....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    tanvi91jain
    thank you so much sir... i will let you know about the contents of automation testing.... n your suggested links are very useful to me...thanks once again....
    Good to know. Be active here and participate in software QA related discussions. You'll be able to get a lot of information. Also feel free to discuss your doubts, questions about all things software testing. We've a good number of professionals from QA domain who'd be happy to help you.
  • TheRajAryan
    TheRajAryan
    In my personal belief, if you really wish to go beyond what a simple software testing job offers, you need to be able to have a grasp over programming languages.

It's going to be very helpful for you in order to secure promotions, become an HOD etc.

For continuous growth you need to continuously learn!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    tanvi91jain
    do i need to learn any programming languages like C++ or JAVA....??? since ma m frm electronics stream....
    VB script + knowledge of testing tool would be enough for fresher level.
    C++ and java programming knowledge is not required. I mentioned because some of the companies do use C++ script.
    If you are interested in java then testing in Selenium Webdriver is top choice these days.
  • tanvi91jain
    tanvi91jain
    Anoop Kumar
    VB script + knowledge of testing tool would be enough for fresher level.
    C++ and java programming knowledge is not required. I mentioned because some of the companies do use C++ script.
    If you are interested in java then testing in Selenium Webdriver is top choice these days.
    Ma testing course includes manual,automation(QTP n selenium),SQL,Q.C,Bugzilla n agile methodologies......

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish. Time will pass anyway. - Earl Nightingale ​ Goals can be prioritized according to...
Hello, from past 1week i have been study nodejs, to develop a real-time Dashboard. Requirement is : When ever there is a change(update, insert,..etc) in the database, dashboard should display...
Menthal is the name of a new app on Android that lets the user keep a track on his or her usage of the smartphone. Developed by a team of...
what are the general electrical faults occurs in steel plants? If the process done by electrical arc furnace and secondly ladle refining furnace.
Here's a small exercise for your brains. Superconductors have been the holy grail for most of the researchers because of its potential to change our lives. This discussion is dedicated...