Software Engineering Books Suggestions, please!

I don't mean Software Engineering as in the 'subject'. I mean Software Engineering to include all of the following topics (and much more):

* Programming
* Object Oriented Analysis & Design
* Database Mangement Systems (including Database Design)
* Web Designing (including HTML, Javascript)
etc.

I would really appreciate if people would recommend some books to me based on their personal experience. Also, it would be really helpful if they also mentioned what level the book is meant for (e.g. beginner, intermediate, advanced)

By the way, I have already gone through the following books:
Let Us C
Java 2, The Complete Reference
Beginning Visual Basic 2005 [Wrox Professional]
Object-Oriented Programming With C++ [Balaguruswamy]

and I would like to take the next step in terms of C, C++ and Java.

[P.S. - I'm not sure this thread belongs here, but I don't think it belongs in the help section either, since it's totally I.T. related]

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    if you are clear with the basics
    i would suggest a practical approach you can try for making programs search the net for programs and try to solve them
  • sookie
    sookie
    DBMS- Korthe [for concepts of Database] . Normalization is not covered in that book. Learn database first before delving into Designing. I guess if you know about Database structure and everything well, you need not to learn how to design a Database.

OOAD - I couldn't recall author's name but I remember it was a green sort of colour book and very good book I ever saw in my life for Object oriented concepts. I guess the author's name start with 'J' or 'R'. If anyone can help me in reminding it very good.

Web Desigining: No use of learning HTML and Javascript. Always one should avoid using Javascript in designing web pages as it is very much prone to security of your web pages and HTML I guess no one use these days as it is not at all dynamic but still one should know basic HTML atleast. For that much you can check w3schools.com
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    As in your context ..software Engineering is all that .but you should also learn the methodology to how to develop good projects for this ,An integrated approach to SE by pankaj jalote is good and other is by Rodger pressman ..both are good one.
    If you try out your hand with java more than khalid mughal is the good book of SCJP.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys; sorry for posting after a long time as my exams are going. I want a technical description of anything latest for my college's Technical Society.It can be related...
How to improve the efficiency of an ic engine?😀
Can you give me a figure for Power Steering?
I'm amazed to see that when an autorun file is deleted from pendrive(usually containing virus info) it gets recovered automatically. I want to know that why does this happen and...
A,B,C,D,E,F and G are brother.two brothers had an argument and A said to B 'You are as old as C was when i was twice as old as D,and will...