Social Network For Engineers

Recently, we started a #-Link-Snipped-# to see whether our engineers like the concept of social networking. To my surprize, most of the engineers have commented that they do not like social networks and think it's a bane.
The replies the thread received are interesting. CEan- Gohm believes that in social networks, the importance is the number of contacts, not actually the contacting. I agree to it. I've come across many people who flaunt their number of friends on social network. The higher the count, the higher is your status among your online friends.
CEan-Swapnakumar says that teens suffer a lot because of social networks. The addiction is growing among teenagers. The time they spend on social networks is totally wasted. SwapnaKumar's friend had had a very bad experience of social networks.
CEan-Kashish quotes an example of his own younger brother & sister who are addicted to Orkut, a leading social network.
CEan-SilverScorpion says that Social Networks are the best time-killers known to him. He tried using social networks for a brief period of time and then completely stopped using them.
What is your opinion on Social Networks?

-The Big K-
Founder & Administrator
CrazyEngineers

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Kashish is one of the new members of CrazyEngineers; but an exceptional contributors. He's one of the engineers who would love to go out of the way to help...
CEans, I'm happy to inform you that CE has just added 48000th CEan to its worldwide team. Considering the fact that we have added 1000 new members last 7 days;...
CEans, I'm happy to inform you that CrazyEngineers is officially 48,000 engineers strong. We now look forward to adding our 50,000th crazy engineer! Long live CE! Rock on, folks! 😀...
Few days ago, we introduced a poll on the front page of CrazyEngineers. The poll asks the users, "How did you come to know about CrazyEngineers?". The results so far...
The wait is over! The creator of Wolfram|Alpha, Mathematica and author of "A New Kind of Science" has answered your questions. We are immensely proud, happy & excited to bring...