Situational Engineering

Sorry to write such a title...(as its not a new branch of engineering).

I just needed some help from you people in deciding should engineering be considered according to situations..?

HOPE NO ONE UNDERSTOOD MY THEME..

Suppose..u have to drill a nail in the wall...u have all the items ..except for the hammer..

According to Situation, Will you use any hard material like (lock,stone..etc) to have it done..(Situational Engineering)

Or

Buy a new hammer..??to have it done by the proper material...(Proper Engineering method)

Please share your thoughts....

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜€ Nice thread ๐Ÿ˜‰ . Engineering, in my opinion, is about solving problems with the technical knowledge that we learn during engineering students and then at job. For example, when we encounter issues with servers and databases that we haven't encountered before, the situational engineering comes in picture. In such cases we're always short of resources but have to get the problems fixed.

I hope I've correctly understood your theme. Please correct me.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Two good ways of doing it..

If you want to achieve your goal in a field of our own interest then you better buy a hammer and complete the work with perfection.

If you aren't sure in which field you can shine and your area of interest then you better pick a stone and belt it until there's a perfection.

What matters here is the nail has to be drilled inside the wall but belt it with the stone and become unsuccessful and then buy a hammer to perfect it.It just wastes your time and energy and money also.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I completely agree with you... Also the ad of NIIT was like this... Getting solutions instantly than anyone and the demo was, having a carrom board and it wasn't balanced on the stool. So, the one who completed his GNIIT course, he just flipped the stool and it was perfect... This was their tagline... ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We learned a definition on the first day of my engineering college. "Engineers are people who control machine, men, material and money with limited resources."

I think situational engineering points out to the major issue where people stuck in complicated situations in technical problems. It's best to to use whatever tools are available and find a perfect solution. That's heroic. ๐Ÿ˜’

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've been hearing few good and bad reviews about the WiMAX services being offered in India. It looks like Tata and Reliance are the big players and there are also...
How many engineers on CE have done a transaction on the Internet? It could be anything like - 1. Purchase an item online. 2. Transfer money online (within bank, or...
Please read this: Report: 3-year-old girl in Antique attracts attention for 'predicting' fires - Odds and Ends - GMA News Online - Latest Philippine News What can you say about...
We've tons of CEans visiting CE from Nagpur. As per the stats, we've about 4k visitors from Nagpur. Why not organize a meet in Nagpur? Interested candidates join in and...
Perhaps our electronics engineers could shed some light on the differences between these two processors. Apart from the obvious ones, are there any changes in the architecture?