Simple One

A software engineer has the capability of thinking 100 lines of code in five minutes and can type 100 lines of code in 10 minutes. He takes a break for five minutes after every ten minutes. How many lines of codes will he complete typing after an hour?

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    150 lines of code.
    Am i right rishi??
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    250 lines:?:
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    Civilprincess is right
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Hey rishi i done a mistake in data's given by you.
    but i think the answer is 200.
    first 5 minute for thinking next 5min for write and after that a break for 5min.
    Now after the break he again think for 5min and after that 5min for write and next 5min for break.
    so at the last total is 200 lines ....how would you tell that the answer is 250.
    your answer say's that the programmer didn't forgot anything during the process of his break.(If it is then the question is vary simple one just some mathematical calculation).
    I think when the programmer forgot everything during the break.
    Then that's a good question.
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    Hey mohit i think you have missed the statement ' actually he takes the break of 5 min after every 10 min' so lets take a watch .

Now see for the first 5 min of an hour he thinks 100 lines and he types the next 5 min, so he types 50 lines. Now he takes break of 5 min, so now we found that at the end of 1st 15 min he types 50 lines.

Now move, so when he returns back from break he types the left 50 lines, then for the 5 min he think 100 lines then he takes break for 5 min, so at the end of half an hour he had typed 100 lines.

Now when he come back from the break, he will type 100 lines for the next 10 mins because before going to the break he had thought 100 lines, and then he takes 5 min for break, so now after 45 mins he had typed 200 lines.

Now in the last 15 mind after coming from break he will think 100 lines for 5 mins and type 50 in the next 5 mins before going for the last break on that hour.

So the final result at the end of 1 hour is 250........./

So this is the simple calculation......./

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The number on the face opposite to the face carrying 1 is ______ The number on the faces adjacent to the face marked 5 are ______
I came across one Contactor rated 400A in which the coil is fed through a electronic circuit in which pulsating DC (waveform of full wave rectifier) & each pulse having...
Hi I got a chance to do project in one company on these topics.Helps me to choose which is better and relevant. 1.Speed Control of Switch Reluctance Motor 2.Seep Control...
After 13 miners were trapped in a coal mine in Sago, West Virginia, four years ago, rescuers didn’t know where to look for survivors -- they could have been anywhere...
Ex-NASA chief in Alaska plane crash: At least five people died in the crash of a private aircraft in Alaska Monday night, the Federal Aviation Administration said in a preliminary...