Signal ground concept..

hi..
can someone please explain to me in slight detail, "the concept of Signal Ground" used in context of Differential Amplifier.
please let me know its significance as well.

Replies

• sanks85
    sanks85
    signal ground is nothing but the common signal to the particular circuit...a signal (+ve or -ve) is with respect to some common signal and that common signal is ground signal...ground doesnt mean that we are grounding the signal or we are sending the signal to some sort of ground contact... its just the signal with respect to which all the measurments are taken...
  • ashish.sharma30
    ashish.sharma30
    thanks so much.
    can u please make it more understandable?

please differentiate between Active and Signal ground as well.
  • sasuke
    sasuke
    Active ground? No idea. I think your job is PCB designer right.

As i know, there have common ground & signal ground. in theory this ground are same point which 0V. But in communication, there have disturbance if no different point between signal & common ground. The rational is normally signal ground is in low voltage side. If this low voltage ground is mix with high voltage ground, Then it will affect on performance of the design. For functional, if the ground is mix together, the functional circuit still good but if the circuit have fast switching it will affected. Example, in microcontroller.

It is recommended the signal ground is design shortest possible to where the signal come from and dont simply mix between low voltage ground (signal ground) & high voltage ground

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google's launching its social service inside Gmail today and its called Google Buzz! TechCrunch says the following about Google Buzz: 1) Auto-following. We didn’t want users to have to peck...
Google has won the disputed GoogleBuzz.com domain. Details: DECISION
Just within an hour of Google's launching the Buzz, Yahoo released following PR communication: It’s been almost a year and a half since we first launched Yahoo! Updates – a...
Microsoft booked following domain names for various services around Windows Operating System and XBox gaming console: - windows7addon.com - windows7antivirus.com - windows7compatible.com - windows7features.com - windows7firewall.com - windows7freeware.com - windows7hardware.com...
Assume a reactor of volume 700 L is filled with water (500L) and given a N2 pressure of 5Kg/cm^2. Then how much volume of gas will be present in remaing...