Should social service be made compulsory?

It's no wonder that people(we) are running out of time these days even to look after the people next away. So in this situation,

Should social service be made compulsory for Indian citizens in order to improve the condition of the country?

In our olden days, we have Ncc ad Nss in our schools but they are very rare now. I want to know the CEans opinion. What do you thik? Should it made compulsory or only work-less people think out Social Service? What's your take on this?

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Now-a-days it is hard to find people who are caring and social. Even a babysitting has become a business now... I guess what you say should be done to get some good wells coming up...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My vote would with 'Yes'. But at the same time, it has to be done systematically. If several countries can make the military service compulsory; social service shouldn't see any problem. Should be a part of school curriculum.
  • circularsquare
    circularsquare
    Sada
    Should social service be made compulsory for Indian citizens in order to improve the condition of the country?
    Human behavior is such that it resists acts of compulsion . I would quote what Mahatma Gandhi had to say
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world" .
    Instead of compulsion we should use the market principle - i.e endorsements. We should change our social value systems in such a way that people who do acts of compassion are made role models.

Ask a youngster who his/her role model is it is highly likely he/she will reply Sachin Tendulkar or Srk. How many of them will say Baba Amte or Anna Hazare? This is where we need to introspect.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    according to me, social service should not be compulsory, if it happens so, then it may also becomes business. social service should be taught in school level .
    But whatever is being implemented, its all depends on a persons attitude, he/she must have an interest to develop the country.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    aarthivg
    according to me, social service should not be compulsory, if it happens so, then it may also becomes business. social service should be taught in school level .
    Not sure what you're implying. Social Service can't turn into a business if it's made compulsory. Why not make it a part of curriculum for school & Jr. College students?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Yes. It would be good if the Government make it a part of curriculum for schools & colleges just like the Environmental studies subject. Government schools are good at this, they are giving an option for the students to go for NCC/NSS/Scout. Some Private schools are also doing but just for their business/advertising.
    Just 3 hours a week is good enough to spend their time for their own town/city. It gives a good satisfaction and good attitude too.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It used to be requirement for medical graduates to work at least three months in a PHC (public health centre). My wife's brother graduated from The Bangalore Med College. He served three months in a PHC on the outskirts of Delhi (early 1970s). He came back a shaken man. He had to attend to 300 t0 350 patients in a day. Average time/patient one large minute. He asked what kind of examination can I conduct at that number? What record keeping?

In our Bharat, many are the ways one can escape any compulsory service. There are enough Rajas out there of every hue, who will sign an exemption certificate. The government is great at creating loop holes and the administering officers ready to lap up the lucre.

Service must come from within, from the heart. Let each one teach one kind of thing may be a better option. Like taking care of the environment, protecting the back yard wild life, let us each do her/his little bit to alleviate suffering in our own community.

Truly, charity begins at home.
    It is said in the Bible: In every way I showed you that by working hard like this we should help the weak and remember the words that the Lord Jesus himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'

I would rather go by Baghavan Ramana Maharishi's words wherein he said that we should be eternally grateful that we were given a chance to serve. It is the one who serves that is under an obligation.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What about making social service compulsory for the students of Class - I to Class - VIII ?
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    The_Big_K
    What about making social service compulsory for the students of Class - I to Class - VIII ?
    Yeah i would agree with your opinion but it should it be forced upon activity and should be performed with love, affection and compassion

It can inculcated in them through some games , fun , play, or some interesting and innovative methods so that they would continue it all their lives
    ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    Already now-a-days the Government of Tamil Nadu is giving something called "Samacheer Kalvi", which deals with the same kind of stuff from IVth - VIIIth Std... ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can I get helpful links, recommended materials on this topics? Indeed great minds are here!!!!! Thanks
Cafe Coffee Day - India's coffee cafe chain is all set to introduce the touchscreen tables at their outlets. The company hopes that this move will increase the youth engagement...
Hello Everyone !!! I am trying to write code of 8-bit data reversal using Mux.(in verilog). I have written codes for mux and for simple data reversal. Can anybody help...
JSFoo is a one day conference on building full size apps in JavaScript. Come over for a full day with the smartest geeks from across India who have figured it...
"Mechanical Engineer" is the iOS app for professional mechanical engineers and the mechanical engineering students. The app has been developed by Multieducator Inc. and features 300 mechanical engineering formulas, 300...