Shhh... Here comes the quiet NASA supersonic jet!

Supersonic flight involves two contradictory requirements:
Low Sonic Boom and low Cruise Drag on steady flight. The two were till now mutually exclusive. You cannot have both.
NASA claims that this breakthrough has been achieved. A passenger model may be ready soon for demo of steady supersonic flight with the efficiency of low cruise drag and no sonic boom.

Let us hope it becomes a reality.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I used to think it's just the jet engine that causes the noise.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Prashanth G Engineering Trade: Computer Science Location: Bengalooru Occupation: Working as a JSE (Progress Developer) in Altisource Business Solution Pvt Ltd. Work Experience: 9months infant 😀 Hobbies & Interests:...
So the IPL is done and dusted! What better way to celebrate than by drawing up some more Moments of Success? (Read our first part here)
im an engineering student in computer science branch and i wanted to know what should i opt after engineering please help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have 40 boards to be assembled with total 148 parts in one side. Do you guys know any PCB assembler can send the first article for free for my...
hi friends iam manoj kumar an (ece)engineering student.i want to do my specification in communication. iam very much interested in knowing more about communication and in introducing new communication technology...