Shell Moulding

Shell Moulding
Shell moulding ;
It is a process in which the sand is mixed with a thermo setting resin is allowed to come into contact a heated metallic pattern plate ‘so that a them and strong shell of mould is formed around the pattern’ then she is removed the pattern and the cope and drag are remove together and kept in a flask with the necessary back up material and the molten metal is pored into the mould.
Generally dry and fin sand which is completely free of the clay is used for preparing the shell mould in are the phenol formaldehyde rising combined with sand they hare very high strength and resistance through heat.

Steps Involve;
Step 1;
A metal pattern having the profile of the required casting is heated to 180°-260°c in an own maintained at 300°-400°c pattern after being heated is taken out of the own and sprayed with a solution of a lubricating agent containing silicon. It is necessary to prevent the shell from sticking to the metal pattern.

Step 2:
Metal pattern(made up of iron or steel )is then turned faced down and clamped over the open end of the dump box.
For Complete Details just click Here:

Replies

• razajahanian
    razajahanian
    Shell Moulding
    Shell moulding ;
    It is a process in which the sand is mixed with a thermo setting resin is allowed to come into contact a heated metallic pattern plate ‘so that a them and strong shell of mould is formed around the pattern’ then she is removed the pattern and the cope and drag are remove together and kept in a flask with the necessary back up material and the molten metal is pored into the mould.
    Generally dry and fin sand which is completely free of the clay is used for preparing the shell mould in are the phenol formaldehyde rising combined with sand they hare very high strength and resistance through heat.

Steps Involve;
    Step 1;
    A metal pattern having the profile of the required casting is heated to 180°-260°c in an own maintained at 300°-400°c pattern after being heated is taken out of the own and sprayed with a solution of a lubricating agent containing silicon. It is necessary to prevent the shell from sticking to the metal pattern.

Step 2:
    Metal pattern(made up of iron or steel )is then turned faced down and clamped over the open end of the dump box.
    For Complete Details just click Here:

• think
    think
    Hey i'm new to this site so i didn't knew to report it or not but is this stuff allowed here...
    ie someone is directly promoting his/her site ?
  • think
    think
    Reported 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Anyone have any idea of making a projector Suggestion using Mobile ..
Hey friends, sorry i missed my intro before posting and replying to certain posts actually i was searching something for my projects and google lead me to this site i...
Tata Docomo has launched 3G services in India and has become the second telecom operator in India to offer 3G services; after BSNL. While DOCOMO folks left no stone unturned...
Google will soon be introducing Instant Preview worldwide, further improving its search interface since the advent of Instant Search, and moving towards a more visual perspective. Instant Preview does exactly...
Notification of WBJEE 2011 has not come yet but according to "mywbut.com" , WBJEE 2011 will be held on April 17 next year with no change in pattern. That mean...