Selenium-Java

Hi,
I work in the R&D department of a software firm and my area is enhancing automation testing.
Currently my work revolves around building a framework around selenium(Open source test automation tool) and subsequently I intend to build an IDE for it.
The framework is for selenium(java) and the IDE is built using c#.

Selenium has great potential primarily because it supports a variety of languages from Java,C#,php,etc.And the best part is its open source. I am learning a lot of new things and I plan to post a lot in here on selenium and test automation in general.

Hope this would help others get started. As I see it there is good scope for automation testing.

Hope I am not violating any rules by creating a new thread here!

Regards,
Kamal

Replies

• aravind420
    aravind420
    hi this is aravind..a b.tech student..working on java...from 1 year..if you have any doubts ask me...even that increases my knowledge also...
    also check my blog::.< removed >
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    aravind420
    hi this is aravind..a b.tech student..working on java...from 1 year..if you have any doubts ask me...even that increases my knowledge also...
    also check my blog::.< removed >
    Why not discuss the first post?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Hi Kamal,

Nice to see people interested in Selenium 😀

So I too work on Selenium using Hava and I use Eclipse as an IDE.

I didnt get developing one more IDE for selenium?

Why is that required? Cant we use Eclipse?
  • kamskans
    kamskans
    English-Scared
    Hi Kamal,

Nice to see people interested in Selenium 😀

So I too work on Selenium using Hava and I use Eclipse as an IDE.

I didnt get developing one more IDE for selenium?

Why is that required? Cant we use Eclipse?
    Hi Sacred English,

Yep,Eclipse IDE would suffice to develop selenium scripts. But unlike QTP selenium does not come with ready features to do data-driven or key word driven testing.
    We would have to write our custom code to fetch test datas. So we have build a custom keyword-driven and data-driven framework around selenium. This IDE is like an user interface for this framework.

Hope I made some sense.

Btw,English-sacred,have you had a chance to work with selenium 2.0? Heard that it addresses most of the current drawbacks of selenium. How different it is to the current version?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mactini and then Mactini Nano LOL [video=youtube;17DPJHNVx2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17DPJHNVx2Q[/video]
A peek at the Future! Awesome!! a must watch video! [video=youtube;K3by-IiBTTE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3by-IiBTTE[/video]
Hi CEans! Actually i am using VB6.0 . Can anyone tell me which statement is used to print the next element in same line. As by using print statement it...
sir/mam, i m a budding engineer...from tamil nadu..i need a help from you people's i m going to present a paper on brain machine interface..i m very much worried abt...
In a friends circle most of student are popular by it's nick name. Nick name are given by the property of a student😀cool😀.Most of my college friends name is as...