View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12758 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
sai krishna
sai krishna • Dec 6, 2007

scripting language

hi all,

i feel glad to post my first thread.can anyone explain me what is meant by "SCRIPTING LANGUAGE" .

i have learnt that java script is an "interpreted language".

what is meant by "interpeted language"?

thanks in advance.
Elisa
Elisa • Dec 6, 2007
Scripting language is simply a programming language. Normally, a scripting language needs an Interpreter to work (not compiler). Since compilation of the code is not a mandatory step, any change to the code can be immediately reflected.

Yes, JavaScript is an interpreted language. As I said above, JavaScript needs an interpreter to execute.
sai krishna
sai krishna • Dec 7, 2007
Elisa
Scripting language is simply a programming language. Normally, a scripting language needs an Interpreter to work (not compiler). Since compilation of the code is not a mandatory step, any change to the code can be immediately reflected.

Yes, JavaScript is an interpreted language. As I said above, JavaScript needs an interpreter to execute.
Thank u elisa.can u breifly explain me the difference b\n interpreter and compiler.

I think both are meant for translating the source code written in some language into machine understandable language.

Am i correct.if not please correct me.

Thanks once again.

Share this content on your social channels -